RETAINED LIST

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hutch was having errors creep in

Take off the hutch tinted specs for a second and realise that it's the right time for him to go

See where you’re coming from. But just hope we can bring in better. That’s the key thing here. Sam is top draw at this level for me and even as a squad player can fill in at the back or in midfield.

Hopefully a positive sign that we’re going to have a real good recruitment drive this summer. 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

NML is only a poor decision if we keep the 3-5-2 system, he ain’t no wing back 

Regrettably it’s probably the right time to let Hutchinson go,  Wildsmith and Luongo won’t sign

Well Moore thought he was a striker for a fair few months...

* shudders *

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, nile said:

Surprised about nml offer, he’s got no end product

gutted about hutch 

2 goals and 3 assists in 1000ish minutes of football. A goal involvement every 200mins.

Johnson (who is class at this level btw...) has 2 goals and 7 assists in 3,300 minutes of football, so a goal involvement every 360ish minutes.

I have my foibles with NML, he has some flaws, but let's not invent things 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

We've offered Wildsmith a contract after he watched that ball trickle by him at home in the cup.

This club lol

He should never have played for us again after that. He’s not even National League standard. 

I can only think that they’ve given him a contract so they can get a fee for him when he’s shown the door. 

Any other reason would be ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Correct. Others reportedly interested though and a good time to sell (if that's what we want to do) based on last season at Exeter.

He's well paid here though isn't he, when you bear in mind we're in League One I don't see how he'd get a deal close to the one he has here. Wildsmith being offered a new deal makes me think the plan might be to give Dawson a go as number one next season.

1 minute ago, Steelman said:

He should never have played for us again after that. He’s not even National League standard. 

I can only think that they’ve given him a contract so they can get a fee for him when he’s shown the door. 

Any other reason would be ridiculous. 

If he's not even national league standard then how will we get a fee?

Id be going all out to try sign Harlee Dean and Jordan Storey 

Shame about Sammy but probably the right decision 

Luongo i hope signs but doubt he will but if he doesn't meh use FDB more 

Wouldn't blame Wildsmith moving on he needs first team football for the sake of his own career

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I think our fans have a weird fear of the unknown at this time of year. Always seem to react to players leaving as if there’s no possible way anybody can be replaced.

It’s Hutch’s time, for me. He’s been a good servant, but another who has known almost nothing at this club other than failure and gradual regression. 

We need to get younger, start looking to the future and bring in fresh legs.

Great points 

35 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Am I being stupid or when it says 'contract offers' does that mean the players have accepted them? Or they still have the option to leave? 

They can either sign or leave of their own accord. Hutch, Berahino and Dunkley have no choice and been told they are leaving.

4 minutes ago, deano said:

We will only know if the decisions make sense when we see who we recruit, we've no idea who we have lined up. 

Fear not, Sheffield Wednesday have an exemplary recruitment record in the last 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

2 goals and 3 assists in 1000ish minutes of football. A goal involvement every 200mins.

Johnson (who is class at this level btw...) has 2 goals and 7 assists in 3,300 minutes of football, so a goal involvement every 360ish minutes.

its ok rolling out stats like that.

still doesn’t count the full game and attacking positions he gets in just to make the wrong choice.

i will take what my eyes see over some stat to fit a reply

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He's well paid here though isn't he, when you bear in mind we're in League One I don't see how he'd get a deal close to the one he has here. Wildsmith being offered a new deal makes me think the plan might be to give Dawson a go as number one next season.

I’m having nightmares about this.

The “competition” between Dawson and Wildsmith has been catastrophic for both of their careers. Dawson will start and at the first sign of a mistake there will be a clamour to try Wildsmith. Same as there always has been.

We need an experienced number 1 who is brought in to be exactly that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Not really a fair comparison though? A lot of Johnson’s minutes have been spent at CB and a lot of NML’s are playing as a striker…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1