WEDNESDAY ~V~ ROTHERHAM - OMDT

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Rotherham will really struggle next season and probably come straight back down (again). Their approach works at this level but not in the championship.

100% this. Getting out of this division and staying in the next one are two different things. Rotherham are excellent and playing to their strengths but the number of mistakes they made would see them punished in the Championship. 

Can’t fault the team today really. Played with energy tempo and decent quality throughout, generally looked far superior than the runaway leaders, but the lack of a recognised striker was the difference.

Their first choice front two played (and scored), ours were sat injured in the stand. Reverse that situation and we win, no question in my mind. 

Keep playing like that and we’ll definitely be in the play-off mix but unless Gregory and/or Windass return soon we may have a few more days like today to suffer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

You're joking right? We've lost 1 in 5 which was against the league leaders, who are CLEAR leaders.

Give your bloody head a wobble and stop being dramatic.

I agree with him if you take the wider picture into account. We are 8th in the 3rd division, a mess off the pitch, and not much better on the pitch. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Let's see how we react.

Too often we lose it for a few weeks after a poor performance.

Tell you what though, both those sides would get torn a new one in the Champ.

To be fair they are the standard yo yo club, they'll only get relegated again next season. Happens everytime.

I have to say, if that's the quality of the league leaders, then we shouldn't be fearing any team in this league. They were poor. 

• Like 2

Need to be clinical in front of goal (whoever it is up top) to give us a chance until Gregory or Windass teturn.. Yeah I'm staying the obvious!! We played well today but our shocking defending at set prices let us down yet again...we'll need to be patient on Weds night as Stanley will put ten men behind the ball...need someone to provide that vital finish tho... 

Bit of a reality check today, there's a reason why Rovram are top of the league and we're scrapping it out for a play off spot. We played well but lacked a cutting edge up front, they dug in and ground out a result and that's a hallmark of teams that get automatic promotion. With Windass and/or Gregory might've been a different outcome.

Couldn't argue with ******** Wood being Motm, good solid performance from them.

We go again on Wednesday.

UTO!

• Like 2

So lacking in a proper goal scorer on the pitch today. 

One that gets in the right place for crosses. Then our wide players can cross instead of trying to score themselves as they know there is nobody in the middle capable of putting the ball in the net. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Richard Wood, MOM, says it all, the blokes a geriatric and still manages to help keep a clean sheet for their defence.

That's why DM should have started with Kamberi and Laing up top and run at him,hassle him close him down quick.

Patterson was just perfect for Wood ,CB's love a static battle In air and push n shove roll on floor contest..

Wrong move DM and subs way to late...

All our forwards are very poor/average at best bar Windass that needed to be addressed in Jan and wasn't really DM brought a youth player in instead..

That imo will be difference between top 6 or top 10...

Hope I'm wrong...

We did play well today.Unlucky...

UTO...

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'm not sure how anyone watching on Sky can say for sure that the ball didn't go out, - i agree that it didn't look like it or it was very close, but the camera angle didn't help - the lino's angle was clearly better.

Only seen it a couple of times, but judging where BPF’s feet were and his body shape when he caught it, it certainly didn’t look like the entire ball could possibly have crossed the line unless it swung a long way in the air (and it didn’t look like that had happened).

• Like 1

When you miss as many chances as we did today, then it was always inevitable that we’d get a sucker punch against one of the divisions most effective sides 

With 2 strikers instead of a winger and a right back it’s a different game