Jump to content

WEDNESDAY ~V~ ROTHERHAM - OMDT


Recommended Posts

Just now, Daniele Giovanni said:

Knew you'd put your thruppence in. Predictable

 

Now, now...no need to get personal. It was a pathetic comment, and one which I'm amazed you're happy to stand by.

 

Seriously, what do you expect when you start criticising fellow fans for something they've not even done?

 

All these 'typical Wednesday fans' have really let you down by not calling for Moore to be sacked this afternoon, eh?

 

:duntmatter:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The difference between the two teams in this game can easily be summed up by a few stats:

 

Rotherham                                                                                   Vs                                                        Sheff Wed

 

Michael Smith    -   18 Goals                                                                                                                  Lee Gregory         -   8 Goals   -  Injured

Freddie Lapado  -   10 Goals                                                                                                                  Barry Bannan       -   4 Goals 

Ben Wiles            -   8 Goals                                                                                                                    Josh Windass      -   4 Goals   -   Injured

Daniel Barlaser  -   7 Goals                                                                                                                     Florian Kamberi   -   4 Goals   -   Only played 7mins

 

 

We are a great team and we can boss a lot of teams, we create plenty of chances, but where we seem to be way down the order in the league is scoring goals..  When you look at the above you can really see why we are much lower than Rotherham..  There goals were well worked and well taken, we equally created really good chances, arguably we created more than Rotherham..  The difference was sticking the ball in the back of the net, it has been our weakness all season, its always difficult to find a goal scorer..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

The difference between the two teams in this game can easily be summed up by a few stats:

 

Rotherham                                                                                   Vs                                                        Sheff Wed

 

Michael Smith    -   18 Goals                                                                                                                  Lee Gregory         -   8 Goals   -  Injured

Freddie Lapado  -   10 Goals                                                                                                                  Barry Bannan       -   4 Goals 

Ben Wiles            -   8 Goals                                                                                                                    Josh Windass      -   4 Goals   -   Injured

Daniel Barlaser  -   7 Goals                                                                                                                     Florian Kamberi   -   4 Goals   -   Only played 7mins

 

 

We are a great team and we can boss a lot of teams, we create plenty of chances, but where we seem to be way down the order in the league is scoring goals..  When you look at the above you can really see why we are much lower than Rotherham..  There goals were well worked and well taken, we equally created really good chances, arguably we created more than Rotherham..  The difference was sticking the ball in the back of the net, it has been our weakness all season, its always difficult to find a goal scorer..

We've had the perfect opportunity to try Kamberi and Sow together, who have been better than Gregory and Windass in goals for minute, but play everyone but, even though when we have played them, our results have been better than not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

Now, now...no need to get personal. It was a pathetic comment, and one which I'm amazed you're happy to stand by.

 

Seriously, what do you expect when you start criticising fellow fans for something they've not even done?

 

All these 'typical Wednesday fans' have really let you down by not calling for Moore to be sacked this afternoon, eh?

 

:duntmatter:

Sorry I made an error in judgement, I have nothing against you at all, my sincere apologies 🙏

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

 

Not many teams in this league who can put out a starting XI of that quality with half a dozen key players out injured. 

 

My only worry is that we literally only have the 3 fit central midfielders and a lot of games so unless he changes formation at some point we're going to have to throw in the untested Waldock or play Paterson or even Palmer in there. Or put Hutch in CM and break him again. 

No point turning down loan offers for the young uns because of the injury crisis to put them on the bench and not using them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

The difference between the two teams in this game can easily be summed up by a few stats:

 

Rotherham                                                                                   Vs                                                        Sheff Wed

 

Michael Smith    -   18 Goals                                                                                                                  Lee Gregory         -   8 Goals   -  Injured

Freddie Lapado  -   10 Goals                                                                                                                  Barry Bannan       -   4 Goals 

Ben Wiles            -   8 Goals                                                                                                                    Josh Windass      -   4 Goals   -   Injured

Daniel Barlaser  -   7 Goals                                                                                                                     Florian Kamberi   -   4 Goals   -   Only played 7mins

 

 

We are a great team and we can boss a lot of teams, we create plenty of chances, but where we seem to be way down the order in the league is scoring goals..  When you look at the above you can really see why we are much lower than Rotherham..  There goals were well worked and well taken, we equally created really good chances, arguably we created more than Rotherham..  The difference was sticking the ball in the back of the net, it has been our weakness all season, its always difficult to find a goal scorer..

 

Rotherham have only conceded 18 goals all season.

 

They play a style appropriate to this level, rather than Moore's attempts to play it out from the back.

 

True, we've had a crisis in defence, but how many points did we throw away over the course of the season due to Moore's defensive tactics?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:


It wasn’t even a corner and I don’t think they’ve even had a proper shot on goal 

Absolutely but without a proper striker we can't make our advantage pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hohenschwangau said:

Two shots on target and two goals, that is all they needed to do, football is a simple game. Fail to take chances like we did and that is the result.

 

Football is simple I agree, but it's a fairly unusual stat to have only two shots on target and score two goals. They were fortunate in anybody's book.

 

We had a bad day, we've got some nice winnable games coming back, so let's make the most of them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

 

Football is simple I agree, but it's a fairly unusual stat to have only two shots on target and score two goals. They were fortunate in anybody's book.

 

We had a bad day, we've got some nice winnable games coming back, so let's make the most of them.

Very well summed up.

 

All close  games are decided by a few decisive incidents today they went in Rotherhams favour.

  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/02/2022 at 06:20, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

He was unlucky with that shot.

 

If it hadn't clipped their defender, it might have troubled the 'keeper a lot more.

 

I yelled "Chip the keeper!!" but he didn't... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...