WEDNESDAY ~V~ ROTHERHAM - OMDT

Battered them for at least 70% of that, but should’ve scored two in each half - infuriating the types of chances we struggle to convert, they just weren’t that hard to stick away.

Rotherham looked crap IMO but fair play, did a hang-on job fairly well but second best everywhere despite the scoreline.

Presume they must have been playing a lot better than that most of the season or they’d be well below us now. Looked every inch the stubborn Division 3 battlers. If they go up they’re coming straight back down.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

It's always an appropriate time win or lose. He's the reason we're in this shitty league. 

To be fair though - get's tin hat - we'd have gone down anyway had Channers not come in.

Gray played a blinder, but played a brand of football the fans didn't want.

That team was bottom-of-the-table fodder, and we were extremely vulnerable to relegation every season.

The real ********-up was not accepting Colin.

That's up there with anything that Chansiri has done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Battered them for at least 70% of that, but should’ve scored two in each half - infuriating the types of chances we struggle to convert, they just weren’t that hard to stick away.

Rotherham looked crap IMO but fair play, did a hang-on job fairly well but second best everywhere despite the scoreline.

Presume they must have been playing a lot better than that most of the season or they’d be well below us now. Looked every inch the stubborn Division 3 battlers. If they go up they’re coming straight back down.

Absolutely.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Go ahead and slate me as much as you like but Paterson  is total f@cking garbage, how the hell did he ever make it as a footballer and we have him up front as a striker today, seen some real bad players since 1965 but he has to be close to the top of the list.

I'm not a fan of Patterson at all but he's far from one of our worst players since 1965. At least he gives 100%. Inept, clumsy and ineffectual granted but we've had much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

on another day we'd have been 2 up at half time at least.. We gotta get Gregory & Windass back fast, the injuries are costing us. 

I can’t see them being back soon enough and their back ups aren’t anywhere near good enough….there’s a serious issue with something at Wednesday that’s causing so many injuries….it’s got to be more than bad luck 

35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

To be fair though - get's tin hat - we'd have gone down anyway had Channers not come in.

Gray played a blinder, but played a brand of football the fans didn't want.

That team was bottom-of-the-table fodder, and we were extremely vulnerable to relegation every season.

The real ********-up was not accepting Colin.

That's up there with anything that Chansiri has done.

Don't let facts get in the way of reality mate. With no money to spend Gray got us highest we'd been in the division for a good while.

I think the big difference today was that they had goal scorers in their team and two of them scored. They have played this way most of the season. Hard to break down, conceding very few goals and scoring a high percent of their chances. Rathbone has been their major playmaker, with a couple of pacey players down the wings. It was always going to be tight, but without Gregory and Windass we were always going to have to work harder to score.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Play badly and still win. That’s why Rotherham will go up. 

I didn't think they played that badly. Defensively they were excellent and you can see why they barely ever concede away from home.

They certainly weren't adventuourous but if you never conced you don't need to be.

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Then you must be disappointed that there hasn’t been lots of ‘Moore out' reaction after this result. Remind me not to ask you for any lottery numbers. Your prediction was way off (and out of) line

It was Moore out last month, then after 4 wins, Moore best thing since sliced bread, based on what I read here today, some disgruntled fans complaining about our strikers etc etc, get another draw or defeat next game, you know what will be said, take a screenshot of this, that's what will happen