DARREN MOORE  

719 members have voted

1. 1. DARREN MOORE

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM
  2. 2. DEJPHON CHANSIRI

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM

Fine poll but in the end Moore needs what the previous 4 managers pined for, transfer windows to find the right group. We’re in League 1 so why press the panic button? Build a team that can climb up the promotion ladder, outrun the embargo restrictions, and change players and managers once you have leverage. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’d sack everyone including myself as a wednesdayite if I could, but sadly my allegiance to the club can’t be broken.  Unlike Moore’s contract that can be paid off and Chansiri selling to someone who knows how to run a football club. 

Think if the claim culture continues in society, there will be a class action brought by the fans against the club for the utter bobbins the past 20+ years have been.

18 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I agree in principle with what you say. I think we need consistency and stability.The revolving door hasn’t worked. I have tried to stick up for Moore. I really wanted him to succeed, however I no longer believe he is the man to be given the reigns long term. Strange selections, wrong formation, no signs of improvement after 45 games in charge, doesn’t come across as a leader that can inspire, the players appear to have lost belief in him. His position is becoming untenable. Got to hope the next guy is the one who can build something sustainable. 

Hope is exactly the way we are run.

I am prepared to give Moore the next 2 windows to build a team/squad, we can purchase the players we want/need then, rather than taking the flotsam that is out there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Proph said:

Been a supporter since 1967 and every week I think the club will turn the corner and I check the results with optimistic fore finger only to be left devastated yet again. Last season we dumped arch rival Leeds twice. Wedneday need a new Manager. Sheffield deserves better! Just watch the aftermatch interview this week. The answer is there for all of us to see. It's embarassing.

Been a supporter since 1867, and pretty much thought the same, but even though my eyesight is going a bit, and my hearing a bit muffled, even I can see that DM is at a loss as why he should keep explaining where we are going wrong when the players are so bad at making decisions on a football pitch.

Quite frankly they are pathetically unprofessional at times and look like they would all struggle to explain the offside rule never mind anything deeper. We have a young loan winger that only wants to come inside and shutdown our space and then shoot, a captain who cannot inspire his fellow players and plays them into trouble at the back more often than he plays them in up front. We have so many players that lean back when shooting, an idiot that thinks barging into players and getting injured shows that he is comitted and players up front that run away from the ball for most of the game until the last 5 minutes when we are losing.

Good grief, after 15-20 years of playing football these players should not be making so many stupid mistakes. 

Despite all that we had not lost many games until we had to stop playing due to a chunk of the squad and training staff getting Covid.

Not sure what I would say if I were DM, but the players should get a long list of things to practice every day, with the same things repeated until they are sorted out. DM's problem when picking the team each week is picking the eleven players that are least likely to throw the game away! 

Maybe if we were allowed to actually buy a few players, we would get a few that could understand football and actually play. The blame for not being able to buy players falls squarely at Chansiri's feet due to his ridiculously childish overspending. You put a clown in charge of a circus and I am afraid that this is what you get. A farce.

Having said all that I reckon DM will get a squad that is after all, recovering from Covid, back into shape and when we start playing games more regularly I expect us to get back into the top 6. I also expect that as more fans understand a bit more about Covid, or maybe get a bad dose of Covid themselves, they will realise a little more about what DM is having to deal with right now and understand a bit more about what is going on.

Or, knowing the way fans behave these days, maybe not.

Up The Owls and down with the knuckle draggers!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Early days yet - let's see what it looks like tomorrow when more have voted

We might get a late surge of support for both

Looks like the result remained pretty consistent! I think the last chance Both DC and DM have to get fans on side is to get some reasonable business done in the transfer window and to address our ongoing deficiencies in the squad. I don’t think they will pull it off but will have my fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks anyway. 

18 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I find it more WOW when I see that a quarter of those voting support Chansiri. What does he have to do to make these supporters seen the light start eating babies.

Probably the same one's who supported the "old guard" and Dave Allen... 

• Like 1