719 members have voted

1. 1. DARREN MOORE

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM
  2. 2. DEJPHON CHANSIRI

• BACK HIM
    • SACK HIM

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I know it’s not the popular opinion but I would back Moore purely based on how we played during that unbeaten run prior to Christmas. I think it’s too soon to call for him to be sacked. Also, we keep changing managers and it doesn’t work. However, I may well change my mind if we don’t recruit sensibly in this window and/or our form  doesn’t improve in our next few games 

I have wanted Moore to have time to build something. I agree that changing managers doesn’t work. However, I’m starting to think the unbeaten run might’ve been in spite of Moore and not because of him.

• Like 2

I’ve gone for backing both, here’s why

Moore

Sacking the manager hasn’t worked for us, we need to break this cycle of hire, rebuild, fire, hire, rebuild, fire, hire. Revolution hasn’t worked and I want to give evolution a go.

I’ve seen some positive signs from Moore that he can put together a side good enough to compete and it’s not been a great season, but I didn’t expect it to either. I think we’re doing par v expectations and for me par doesn’t = sack

I can’t help but notice the irony in the outrage after being beaten by a Sunderland team who stuck by their manager after we ran them over earlier in the season 

Chansiri

He’s been a bit of a disaster in recent years mainly because everything he’s done has been short term. Signings, managers, finances etc etc it’s done untold damage. However for the first time in the last 6-months we’ve seen him take a more back-seat approach, one that’s led to different types signings, AP not being involved and so far no wage payment issues 

Throw in the fact that we’re in a footballing recession and I think our best hope is that Chansiri continues with a more thoughtful, cautious approach…not chasing the pot of gold each 3 months

Won’t be popular, I know. But that’s my POV 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I've always said we need to be top 6 by Xmas and then push on.

Neither is happening or likely to happen.. so for me a change is needed in a similar vein to the last time we was down here with GM in charge.

A lot of managers out there but we need to find a gem who can make us tick again..  can DC find another Carlos .. record goes against him tbh and with him being back in Thailand and current Covid situation increasing I don't think either will happen unfortunately.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Right now at this minute Moore.

Unless you think the best way forward is for chansiri do a runner?

So over the last few years, the problem has been Luhukay, Monk, Pulis and now Moore.

Tell me how changing the manager helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The question is can we trust DM with whatever meagre resources he has at his disposal. DM is the man who signed Byers, Berahinho, Brown, Sow & NML which shows a monumental lack of judgement imo. 

I'm sure there are other players he'd rather have, but when you're fishing in a pool of freebies willing to join a third tier side, you have to take your chances sometimes.

Nobody's going to get every signing right, but considering the restrictions we were operating under, we didn't do too badly in the summer, and there's hope yet for some of those you mentioned - Byers has suffered with injuries, and Mendez-Laing has only just joined.

• Like 2

I am curious about the ticket splitting.

The majority of respondents clearly voted two thumbs down.

Some genial souls will have given two thumbs up, presumably clapping happily all the while.

Then there were the splitters, like myself. I wonder how many of us there are, relative to the total number of votes.

Can we seethe underlying vote distribution?

Guest Derby owl
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Reyt then..

Been asked to do a poll to show the current strength of feeling

Before any crybabies start crying about it you'll be delighted to hear that It's non binding, non obligatory for anyone to act on it, it wont' mean anyone is sacked or kept so don't cry about it - it's simply a poll so dry your eyes

Also - voting either way doesn't ever affect someone's ability to 'support the club' so you can take that one and stick it in the bin too

Anyway - get voting and shut up being all drama queen

Oh and yes - I know that we can't 'sack' a chairman - but it's just a poll to discuss how you feel about the chairman at the club so dont' try to be all clever with technicalities like 'you can't sack a chairman' - anyone who even tries to discuss or bring this up is a massive saddo pleb end gimpgobbler

Also - if you're the type that says 'but who will we get?' or 'careful what you wish for' etc - I"m guessing you're still at home with your mum and dad in the same brand clothing as you always have worn, eating the same food you have always eaten (for fear of every trying anything new to eat) and still at your first ever job?

In short - everyone - just vote and shut the fooooook up about polls

lol

Err.. what?