Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

Great game, well played Wednesday. Congrats to Darren Moore, he’s had a superb night. Very visible how much togetherness is in the team compared to Sunderland. Difficult to single players out. Gonna pick 3. Kamberi mom for me, covered every blade. Corbs was quality on the ball and you heard it first PATTO IS THE NEW ZICO!!!

• Like 1

Good performance and result tonight. The difference was work rate and desire. 

Thought Kamberi did well, ran his nuts off, was a real nuisance and got a goal. 

Apart from that, not that anyone played poorly, but Dunkley was a rock, won his headers and a few good blocks. 

A good night, but only counts for something if we carry on this level of performance into forthcoming games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brilliant tonight. Well done to every one of those players (please play like that more often). Well done to Moore also, thought he had lost the plot when I saw the line up but somehow it worked. Who would have thought attacking rather than sitting back would actually get results. 

Steady on, we weren't brilliant but we were much better.

All we need now is for Moore to stop tinkering and let the players build on that performance.

God I enjoyed that! Sure we weren’t perfect but my god we were so aggressive! Love it. It better continue like this!!

Still don’t know what to say about the formation and use of random pegs in random holes but fûck it. I’ll work it out another day…

UTO!

• Haha 2

Well well well. Bizzare team selection and formation. BUT work hard get crosses in strikers in the box and don’t f@ck about at the back and you get a good result.  Wonder if some honest words have been spoken this week and DM has listened.

• Like 2

Best team performance of the season given injuries etc

Everyone knew their job and did it along with 100% effort 

Something changed and for the better 

Less f***cking  around at the back and more  hunting in packs in the right area’s 

• Like 3

Well done Wednesday. Not before time!

I'll bet Darren Moore is feeling a lot better now. I know we've all been saying he has to go, but definitely glad for him that he can go home tonight and feel a bit more relaxed. We can even forgive him another rambling post match press conference. 

Until the end when he says, ‘ffluck the lot of you, I’m off to Barnsley tomorra'. 

Edited by Devonstrix

That's a lot better, a bit dodgy at the back at times. Dunkley held them together, had is best game. They all really got stuck in, hunting the ball down. Now we need to produce that kind of performance in every game. But will he change the line up next time out. I think so. Uto

didn't expect that....Kamberi terrorised their back line....I never thought I would see a team worse than us for clearing the lines...but crikey!!...they went through a bloody laughable pantomime 5 minutes...The crowd picked up on it, and it carried on to the end..mindless hacking...It was brilliant.

Dunkley??....simply cleared his lines, didn't mess about and had a great game.

Sunderland fans went into a silent shocklike state after the first goal and I sorta forgot they were there...great following though, but they must be the same as we are.

Pressure pressure pressure...The crowd got with it...its that bloody simple..everyone wanted the ball..for a change

Thoroughly enjoyed it

• Like 1

Glad to see a win. Without wanting to put a downer on things, despite Sunderland being terrible, that game could/should pop have been a lot closer has they taken their chances.      We took our chances and looked better than recent weeks, but result feels a bit like papering over the cracks. Hopefully we will kick on. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1