Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

2 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

Glad to see a win. Without wanting to put a downer on things, despite Sunderland being terrible, that game could/should pop have been a lot closer has they taken their chances.      We took our chances and looked better than recent weeks, but result feels a bit like papering over the cracks. Hopefully we will kick on. 

Time will tell.

Sunderland have been pumped a few times away from home, including on Saturday against Rotherham.

But you can only beat what is in front of you and we did that tonight with a very good all round performance.

It felt like something to build on. I just hope Moore actually recognises that rather than changing everything again.

• Like 3

Thought Kamberi, Corbeanu & Dunkley were superb!

Credit where credit is due, for a great TEAM performance tonight.

Perhaps unfair to single out anyone, as the players ALL showed commitment, pride and passion, in abundance.

Thought Paterson was a constant nuisance to them all night, with his experience & effort & his little bits of "sh*thousery".

Gregory ran his socks off.

No messing about at the back either.

Better game management, later in the game.

A decent referee imo too.

Let a good game flow.

Well done Wednesday, well done Darren Moore👏👍👍

Just what was needed.

Let's keep it going now.....

UTO!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Time will tell.

Sunderland have been pumped a few times away from home, including on Saturday against Rotherham.

But you can only beat what is in front of you and we did that tonight with a very good all round performance.

It felt like something to build on. I just hope Moore actually recognises that rather than changing everything again.

Yep - it’s a shame we’ve got two different cup games next, easy to imagine the momentum fading slightly but the level of performance tonight would surely be enough to beat Gillingham by a similar scoreline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

didn't expect that....Kamberi terrorised their back line....I never thought I would see a team worse than us for clearing the lines...but crikey!!...they went through a bloody laughable pantomime 5 minutes...The crowd picked up on it, and it carried on to the end..mindless hacking...It was brilliant.

Dunkley??....simply cleared his lines, didn't mess about and had a great game.

Sunderland fans went into a silent shocklike state after the first goal and I sorta forgot they were there...great following though, but they must be the same as we are.

Pressure pressure pressure...The crowd got with it...its that bloody simple..everyone wanted the ball..for a change

Thoroughly enjoyed it

That, and two up front.

But will Moore stick with that formation?

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

I said we'd win 3 - 0 

(said no Owls fan before the game)

Actually I said 2-0 to us. I did, I did!

Told everyone at work. 

They just looked at me with pity. So kinda saw it coming. 

Still trying to process the reality of it. 

A warm Ready Brek glow. 

Or is it the covid vaccine?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BrotherOwlExile said:

Actually I said 2-0 to us. I did, I did!

Told everyone at work. 

They just looked at me with pity. So kinda saw it coming. 

Still trying to process the reality of it. 

A warm Ready Brek glow. 

Or is it the covid vaccine?

I did as well. Last post, bottom of this thread, page 1. 👀

More out of blind faith & wishful thinking! 
We deserved it throughout.

It was intriguing how their players always looked busy on the ball but did nowt with it.

And us pressing their defence was a joy. They only gave that nonsense up on 80 mins 3-0 down 😂

I said squeaky Johnson doesn’t like S6. Long may it continue. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

3-0 up against Chelsea in the LC QF replay in 1984/85 season at HT.Chelsea come from 3-0 down to Lead 4-3.Mel Sterland levelling it with a last min pen

tell me about it. Was already planning my trip to Sunderland for the 1st leg of the semi final but, as ever, it's the Wednesday way!

Also Man utd on Boxing Day 1992 and Arsenal in c1987

12 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Haven't heard anything mentioned about him so I'll ask here. 

How did Wing get on yesterday? He hasn't played for a while so did the time away do him some good? 

Really hoping he finds the form he had at Rotherham for us.

Clearly a decent player and did ok but still looks like he needs too much time on the ball for me - gets it taken off him quite easily.  Looks pretty lightweight when it gets a bit physical as well - not a great characteristic in this league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm not getting carried away with one good performance. Moore needs to go. 

It's not just one good performance ! It is a start of a proper run.

The team finally clicked:  We saw a proper performance and a well deserved win. I am still buzzing.

Just enjoy!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

It's not just one good performance ! It is a start of a proper run.

The team finally clicked:  We saw a proper performance and a well deserved win. I am still buzzing.

Just enjoy!!!

It’s going to need another 3/4 performances like last night before we start saying we’ve finally clicked.🤔

13 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

It’s going to need another 3/4 performances like last night before we start saying we’ve finally clicked.🤔

Just look how the players interacted with each other yesterday compared to previous games. For me it's obvious that it has clicked and we now (finally) have a team.

I have no doubts anymore that we can finish in the top six.

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Just look how the players interacted with each other yesterday compared to previous games. For me it's obvious that it has clicked and we now (finally) have a team.

I have no doubts anymore that we can finish in the top six.

Providing that DM doesn’t slip back into his   old habits of chopping and changing the team, playing players out of position and more especially, the near suicidal ‘ playing out from the back ‘then you could possibly be right.

• Like 1