Bruce sacked

I do have some sympathy with the way this played out - essentially the owners have been telling everyone he’s getting sacked for the last week. Not a great way to do it. 

As for Bruce’s comments - he said the same when he got booted at Villa. Talked about the abuse etc. He came to Hillsborough and talked about a fresh start, and the club and fans at S6 made him realise he wasn’t ready to pack it in. 

18 games later and he told us all he hadn’t had contact with Newcastle, he was walking his dog. 48 hours later he was signing for Newcastle, despite the fact Newcastle fans made it very clear they didn’t want him. 

He was universally liked at Hillsborough. A manger the majority of the fan base bought into. But he jumped ship for the money knowing the poisonous atmosphere that awaited - for that, I have no sympathy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have no issue with Bruce at all. If I was him, having seen what a basket case club we were and probably still are, given the opportunity to manage my boyhood club in the league above… he made the same decision every one of us would’ve made in the same circumstances. It was fine with me at the time - albeit annoying - and I’m still fine with it.

Would I rather have him in charge now than Darren Moore? 100% yes. 

Can I see him coming back and working with Chansiri again in League One? 99% no. 

• Like 2

Don’t get the hate for Bruce.

Left for a better job. If he had stayed he would have been managing a club with a points deduction and a club not paying staff. He’s been around the game long enough to see what was coming at Wednesday.

Got out while he could and went to manage a bigger club. Fair play to him. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Left for a better job. If he had stayed he would have been managing a club with a points deduction and a club not paying staff. He’s been around the game long enough to see what was coming at Wednesday.

His boyhood club as well. Anyone in his position would’ve made exactly the same choice.

Just bloody typical Newcastle finally went for him when he was with us

54 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Are those figures from time with us or are they current.

Cos if current, different leagues, standards etc. so mean nothing.

Both overall managerial stats.

It's all reletive..Bruce has had much much more dosh to squander, better facilities...and he's a 'name'

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well wtf did he come in the first place.

He's a first rate tw@t face

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is he a snake?

How do some of you people cope when getting dumped by a girlfriend?

lol

Not by asking her to come back the minute you find out the bloke she was trying to get off with, and who she dumped you for has realised she’s actually not a very good girlfriend?

How about you?

• Like 1