Bruce sacked

15 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yup, don’t disagree with this - loyalty works both ways, why should he stay loyal to us when a better offer comes along, knowing that DC could sack him at a moments notice if he suddenly felt like it ?

Yep.

There is absolutely zero loyalty in football from the coaching staff, players, manager, chairman, directors. Everyone is looking out for themselves. 

To kick off at Bruce for not being ‘loyal’ demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of modern day football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RichieB said:

You're right, the results I looked through omitted the EFL trophy Mansfield win. He has 10 wins from 30 overall, as you said 33% 

His League record for us is only 29% though. 

Pretty poor either way it's viewed I suppose. 

29% jesus. Worse then I thought!!!

• Like 3

Bruce is an experienced guy. He knows the workings of football as well as anyone, so he knew that going to work for and show loyalty towards Ashley, was never going to endear him to the Newcastle fans. He made his bed and a very lucrative bed it was. 

Id have him back simply because I believe he’d do a good job and give us a chance to be promoted this season. 

But he’s a proud man and it would hurt his pride to be seen in league one after leaving Newcastle, plus, we couldn’t afford him. 

Just now, WBridgfordowl said:

Bruce is an experienced guy. He knows the workings of football as well as anyone, so he knew that going to work for and show loyalty towards Ashley, was never going to endear him to the Newcastle fans. He made his bed and a very lucrative bed it was. 

Id have him back simply because I believe he’d do a good job and give us a chance to be promoted this season. 

But he’s a proud man and it would hurt his pride to be seen in league one after leaving Newcastle, plus, we couldn’t afford him. 

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT STEVE BRUCE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER WORKING FOR OUR CHAIRMAN AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB???

IT's WEIRD

Come on - into the real world

It's not whether we would have HIM back - it's the entirely other way round

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Personally his departure left a sour taste for me.

Mainly because we were so accomadating and let him go watch cricket before taking up job. For all his numerous fuckups that was a really decent gesture by Chansiri.

He managed us for a handful of games then walks out on the eve of the season leaving us in the lurch.

I think after chansiris gesture he could have shown a bit of loyalty back.

And the whole boyhood club thing... he turned down the Newcastle job twice and then managed Sunderland ffs. 

I know others don't agree but thats how I see it.

We don’t know the full story of the ‘month off’ in my opinion. 

On paper it’s accommodating but Chansiri has subsequently came out and said he didn’t even want Bruce as manager! Why would he give him time off if he didn’t even want him at the club.

lol

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

On paper it’s accommodating but Chansiri has subsequently came out and said he didn’t even want Bruce as manager! Why would he give him time off if he didn’t even want him at the club.

lol

When he came out and said he didn’t want him anyway it’s like when you’ve been dumped and you say your ex birds not even fit anyway 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT STEVE BRUCE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER WORKING FOR OUR CHAIRMAN AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB???

IT's WEIRD

It’s a good point but at the same time we still somehow keep attracting managers with supposedly decent records….

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

IT's WEIRD

Where did I say he would consider it?

I hadn’t realised I wasn’t in the real world. Thanks for putting me right

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

Chansiri changing his stance doesnt surprise me ( trying to save face or summat daft) but think its obvious it was done as a decent gesture at the time.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

IT's WEIRD

This.................On the face of it Bruce is the best manager we have had in ages but IMHO the Newcastle job was a smokescreen to some extent and he must have breathed a huge sigh of relief when they came in for him as I firmly believe he was starting to see the writing on the wall at our club, regarding working for Chansiri and our predicament.

• Like 1

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

This.................On the face of it Bruce is the best manager we have had in ages but IMHO the Newcastle job was a smokescreen to some extent and he must have breathed a huge sigh of relief when they came in for him as I firmly believe he was starting to see the writing on the wall at our club, regarding working for Chansiri and our predicament.

100%

He was gonna do a Pulis let's be honest

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Inclined to agree mate. I’d have the Judas snake back tomorrow. During that brief spell under Bruce I felt we could get something in every game as he was clearly a cut above every gaffer in that league. 

Yes, I'd say he was the best of Channers' appointments.

Once again, as with Hooper's injury, we were unlucky.

Which isn't a surprise, as any luck that was going in this city was going over the road at that juncture.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IT's WEIRD

Exactly.

There'll be plenty of offers from top-end Championship clubs if he wants to work again.

Bruce wouldn't drop to this level.

He's already served his apprenticeship.