Morecambe - V - Wednesday OMDT

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

Well, it was going to happen at some point. I didn't share the collective 'easy game' confidence before the game. These games are always difficult and things just didn't turn out.

Hopefully Moore reflects and learns whatever lessons are there to be taken. No game next week, and a tough game at Plymouth coming up, so time to fine tune.

Exactly 5 games in five out with injuries, game time for more players in pizza cup, go again at Plymouth , still looking good, nothing wrong with performance, some days you don’t get a break. Move on

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Not getting the knives out yet, but I thought he was kind of disappointing in his brief cameo. Bit naive. To be expected IMO

I’d like to see him when we’re not chasing the game against a team parking the bus. Shame he wasn’t brought on a bit earlier. But it’s a long season and he’ll get his chances I’m sure. 

Whenever he got it today he looked cramped for space with Hunt right on his toes. 

A performance that fills me with optimism our best of the season in terms of having a further look at the depth of our squad.

We can not legislate for injuries but we can be confident that all have a place in the squad and theiris a place for everyone.

A squad in the making that will be up to the task, they can only prosper. The result was unfortunate but I gaurantee better results ahead.

• Like 2

Disappointing to lose but hopefully a bit of a wake up call if one was needed. 

These types of games are going to be our biggest tests this season. On another day we’d have won that comfortably. 

Thought we played ok, just lacked that quality final touch. 

• Like 1

Thought this would be a close tough game and we would probably nick a win late on. Hasn’t gone like that obviously but  it isn’t a terrible pasting is it? Performance was decent and I’d be more worried if we weren’t creating chances. I have no expectations at all for this season and am just enjoying the ride. Always frustrating to lose, particularly when you control most of the game, but that’s how football works. We lost, we go again. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's just attention seeking, reactive rubbish.

You called Byers w*nk today.

The lads played about 2 games for us.

It's OK, the tears were nearly out other week when I said I'd been more impressed with Byers than I was Wing so far, that was my opinion, and his blood pressure must have been sky high in his posts disagreeing with me.

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

It's OK, the tears were nearly out other week when I said I'd been more impressed with Byers than I was Wing so far, that was my opinion, and his blood pressure must have been sky high in his posts disagreeing with me.

Ah.

So Byers is one of his new targets then. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

One thing we've learned from this is that kamberi can't play wide left

Crazy that I spent all game until the subs wanting the ball to be down the left as Brown looked exciting. But all to often it’s Paterson on the right, then the subs and everything is down the left with him in acres of space and Theo being crowded out. 

• Like 1

If it had been Sunderland or Wigan I reckon most of us would've been okay(ish) with the result. It's the fact that it's Morecambe that's sending people into a tailspin. It's just feels a little bit embarrassing but it shouldn't. We are where we are and we got clumsily mugged. Still slightly worrying that we didn't react better but no reason to lose our collective sh*t.

Before the start of the season I think we would have taken this and there will always be games where you dominate but somehow lose, thats the joy of football and will be a memorable victory for Morecambe.  But its over a season that matters, we are a strong team but its league one, just look at the sort of teams that are in our league, there is a reason they have struggled to come straight back up.

Morecambe have a lot of heart and I am sure we have and will play worse that this and come away with a result.  We have time on the training field, time that Moore needs..  Windass will come back at some point and will add that clinical finishing, we have so many options now, first half of the season is just about keeping ourselves in the fight which we are doing..

• Like 2

They say you learn more in defeat than victory.

The way we react from this setback is what will be key.

For the last few seasons we've allowed one negative result to set us into a tailspin.

Vitally important we put the result in context and kick on.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, S6 Stroller said:

If it had been Sunderland or Wigan I reckon most of us would've been okay(ish) with the result. It's the fact that it's Morecambe that's sending people into a tailspin. It's just feels a little bit embarrassing but it shouldn't. We are where we are and we got clumsily mugged. Still slightly worrying that we didn't react better but no reason to lose our collective sh*t.

That's my only gripe, we didn't really react well to going behind.

End of the day, if Byers' shot hits the inside of the post and in rather than the outside, we win that game. It's one of those things.

• Like 3