Morecambe - V - Wednesday OMDT

Well, it was going to happen at some point. I didn't share the collective 'easy game' confidence before the game. These games are always difficult and things just didn't turn out.

Hopefully Moore reflects and learns whatever lessons are there to be taken. No game next week, and a tough game at Plymouth coming up, so time to fine tune.

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Am I getting banned again?

Be honest. That was an APPALLING performance. Losing is fine. If we’d lost to Charlton on the opening day id have accepted it because they played well. That Morecambe side is beyond awful. Why can’t we criticize the players when they play poorly? Isn’t that normal? Happy Clappers like yourself are real hard work.

I think me and you just have different philosophies. I call a spade a spade, whereas you gloss over stuff and look on the bright side. Not my style mate!

PS: Twitter is ridiculous and for 12 year olds. Never used it in my life!

Id suggest it was won of our better performances of the season. I’ve said a few times this season when we won the shoreline flattered us and we would undoubtedly play better and lose. Today we played better and lost. 

Thst’s football. 

I would have thought you’d been pleased that Theo got on. You’ve been cheering for him at any of our other players expense. Now you’ve seen him in the flesh. 

• Like 4

FT 1-0

Disappointing result, I never like to see us lose.  But I'm not too disheartened.  

In earlier games, we haven't played well but won, and you will get games like today where we played well but lost.  On another day that result would have been a 5 nil win, but that is football for you.  

I think we played quite well, but lacked that ruthless edge in the final third.  We are still very much a work in progress and it will be a long drawn out battle over the course of the season.  

Plenty of work ahead for Darren Moore, but over the course of the first 5 games, 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss is not shabby at all.  We average that form over the season, we would finish in the top two. 

Which brings me to my next and final point.  If you look back over the last 5 games, I don't think we have come out of second gear, but to achieve 10 points from 5 games is a good start to the season.  

When things do finally click, then the stats in the form table will no doubt improve significantly.  The sky is the limit.

Lot of work ahead, but we are sitting nicely in the top two.  That will do me.  

Have a nice evening all, 

Onwards and upwards.

UTO!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm annoyed but these things happen.

They looked very good at defending corners though so not sure why we just kept pinging crosses directly into the 6 yard box. Was never going to work.

We lacked a bit of imagination. Brown probably had the best chance and didn't even shoot which was beyond awful.

Meh.

Decent start to the season tbh we would have all taken 2nd at this stage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Am I getting banned again?

Be honest. That was an APPALLING performance. Losing is fine. If we’d lost to Charlton on the opening day id have accepted it because they played well. That Morecambe side is beyond awful. Why can’t we criticize the players when they play poorly? Isn’t that normal? Happy Clappers like yourself are real hard work.

I think me and you just have different philosophies. I call a spade a spade, whereas you gloss over stuff and look on the bright side. Not my style mate!

PS: Twitter is ridiculous and for 12 year olds. Never used it in my life!

That ‘beyond awful’ morecambe side will comfortably stay in this division,  didn’t they spank Ipswich too ?  

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I honestly can’t see how Marvin Johnson has lasted 90 minutes today.

Another ineffective performance on top of his others he’s had for us so far.

I’ve not been impressed with him so far.

And we're off. 1 down, 10 to go...

• Haha 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

That ‘beyond awful’ morecambe side will comfortably stay in this division,  didn’t they spank Ipswich too ?  

No, but they drew with them on the opening day at Portman Road.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's it

Let's get fired up and scapegoat players

It's important - nay CRUCIAL that we absolutely batter our own players one by one

You should go on his social media and tell him too - you know - really get the message across to him

It's not a proper scapegoat hate campaign if you don't

Looks like you’re the one getting fired up here pal.

Just giving my opinion. I haven’t been overly impressed with him so far.

That’s all.

• Like 1

I thought we played quite well today. Lots of positives that’s for sure. What I find odd is when Paterson was on and brown looked a threat we played lots down the right, then when we took brown off and had Theo on the right we seemed to play more down the left. 

maybe just frustration of wanting your Lacey exciting players on ball more than more workman like players. 

• Like 1

It sounded like we were on the front foot for the majority of the game, we’re unlucky in front of goal and got hit by a sucker punch.

Quite frankly I’d be more concerned by the result had we not dominated.

This will be one of the big games that Morecombe will have pencilled in, almost like an FA cup game, we need to get used to it and find a way to turn these types of games into wins, or at least away draws.  

• Like 1