Morecambe - V - Wednesday OMDT

3 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Spot on mate, for what it’s worth I reckon we are doing better than I first thought and long may it continue, 

That's how i'm seeing it.We also got to remember that it's going to be at least another 10 to 15 games before the team really starts to gel. :tango:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Just a bad day at the office.

They were lucky, we weren't.

We will lose again, so no need to get all angry and scapegoaty, it's a team game folks.

DM and the lads will dust themselves off, learn lessons, and move on. So let's just get behind them.

Come on Wednesday!

Know how Rotherham fans feel after last week..onward and upwards..

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

They say you learn more in defeat than victory.

The way we react from this setback is what will be key.

For the last few seasons we've allowed one negative result to set us into a tailspin.

Vitally important we put the result in context and kick on.

Didn't seem to do us any good last season when there were many learning opportunities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why has spitting in opposition fans become a 'thing' our fans now do?

It’s appalling if this is something we (or indeed any teams fans) are up to. Absolutely no call for it whatsoever! If there is footage of people doing this they should be banned from going to games. It’s vile behaviour and anyone who does this kind of thing is an animal and doesn’t deserve to be allowed to enjoy going to matches. 

1 minute ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Duno pal, saw it with my own eyes tho. Embarrassing, even more so than the result. The lad must have been 12 years old if that. 

If some opposing fan gobbed on my kids I’d want them arresting if there were cops there. If not even though I’m old and not hard at all I know the red mist would be coming down and I’d be swinging punches. Absolute filth!

• Like 2

Just now, CircleSeven said:

It’s appalling if this is something we (or indeed any teams fans) are up to. Absolutely no call for it whatsoever! If there is footage of people doing this they should be banned from going to games. It’s vile behaviour and anyone who does this kind of thing is an animal and doesn’t deserve to be allowed to enjoy going to matches. 

Actually in these times it ought to be considered a criminal offence given the health risk.

TBH would be very happy for such characters to be given lengthy bans from grounds too.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Actually in these times it ought to be considered a criminal offence given the health risk.

TBH would be very happy for such characters to be given lengthy bans from grounds too.

If it’s intentional it counts as common assault. Spitting is considered the same as slapping someone. If someone slapped a 12 year old there would be hell to pay!

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Horrendous that innit mate
Pathetic behaviour

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

If some opposing fan gobbed on my kids I’d want them arresting if there were cops there. If not even though I’m old and not hard at all I know the red mist would be coming down and I’d be swinging punches. Absolute filth!

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

He got nicked tbf, the coppers were well on it and grabbed him straight away. Wednesday and Morecambe fans were about to jump on him, happened right next to that caravan park outside the ground. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

He got nicked tbf, the coppers were well on it and grabbed him straight away. Wednesday and Morecambe fans were about to jump on him, happened right next to that caravan park outside the ground. 

Thanks for that mate. Hope the arrest sends out a message to others and the bloke gets a ban. What goes through people’s heads to do that kind of stuff? Stupid and vile behaviour. 

• Like 2