Morecambe - V - Wednesday OMDT

Bobbar result, but probably it will stop us resting on our laurels.

This league was never going to be easy, because the lads playing in it value the fact that they're footballers and give 100%.

The fact that Morcambe are new to this league is probably why they played as they did...but others may now emulate it.

I remember when we were going for promotion under Atkinson in the 1990/91 season and we were strolling it.

Then Colin rolled up at Hillsborough with Notts County, played as Colin does, and they drew.

Thereafter getting positive results was far more difficult.

Ah well, disappointing result, but that's football. Not the end of the world, won't define our season.

For the most part we were the better team, on the front foot,  hit the woodwork, but one of those games and we've been done by a sloppy set piece goal. 

Won't dwell on it,  a little break now, then time to put things right away at Plymouth. Hopefully a few more closer to being match fit and Shodipo back available, will be a bonus.

• Love 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Embarrassing. That ranks with the shameful defeat against Stevenage and draw against 9 men Yeovil the last time we were down here. 

Eh, hardly the same as losing 5-1 at Stevenage.

We should have won today by a few goals and if we had more luck we would have.  We only conceded an own goal for them to get a goal from,  not the same as conceding 5 goals 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Am I getting banned again?

Be honest. That was an APPALLING performance. Losing is fine. If we’d lost to Charlton on the opening day id have accepted it because they played well. That Morecambe side is beyond awful. Why can’t we criticize the players when they play poorly? Isn’t that normal? Happy Clappers like yourself are real hard work.

I think me and you just have different philosophies. I call a spade a spade, whereas you gloss over stuff and look on the bright side. Not my style mate!

PS: Twitter is ridiculous and for 12 year olds. Never used it in my life!

Oh, do shut up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I honestly can’t see how Marvin Johnson has lasted 90 minutes today.

Another ineffective performance on top of his others he’s had for us so far.

I’ve not been impressed with him so far.

That's it

Let's get fired up and scapegoat players

It's important - nay CRUCIAL that we absolutely batter our own players one by one

You should go on his social media and tell him too - you know - really get the message across to him

It's not a proper scapegoat hate campaign if you don't

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why don’t you just do one. It’s called an opinion! 

It's just attention seeking, reactive rubbish.

You called Byers w*nk today.

The lads played about 2 games for us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why don’t you just do one. It’s called an opinion! 

Its called a terrible opinion actually 

Most of yours usually are