Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

To be real £1mill sounds about right. 

He's a good top half of the table playmaker, but can't shoot or tackle is useless in the air too. Far too many people on here think he's far better snd worth far more than reality. 

For instance why Havnt any of the relagated sides from the Premier never offered any real cash for him if he was that highly rated?? 

He's technically good, can cross a ball probably better than he gets credit for, has an eye for a pass and has a great passing range, but those negatives avove really take down his worth especially when you factor in hell be 32 before Christmas too. 

• Like 1

It was always the plan to let Bannan go if we got relegated IMO. Was told by a very good source that his contract included a clause which halved his wages, and a 1 million release clause (if accurate) might be a bit on the low side, but at least gets us a fee and gets his (still inflated) wages off the books.

It might be that he decides to stay, but if he leaves I think we have to look at the positives; big earner off the wage bill, money to invest in a younger, perhaps more physical replacement and the chance to build a side to play the way the manager wants to, without having to either shoehorn Bannan into a system, or build one around him... Both have been big problems for us over the last few seasons IMO.

• Like 1

It explains why he signed. If he goes I will wish him well. He signed a contract when the reputation of the club was as low as I can remember which really helped IMHO. 

£1m is a bit light but a couple of months back it would have been a free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindaOwl said:

Sorry to be offensive, I’m new here and I thought anything goes.

It was a bad joke and a lie.

I strangled him.

My comment was meant to be your dog (hopefully if he survived) in a Neil stylee as someone made a tongue in cheek suggestion that he (Neil) might be you. 😀

1 hour ago, LindaOwl said:

I’ve been watching this site for years.

Nothing shocks me.

I am an older woman who knows what she wants.

Ask the steward, Roger, in CC9 on The Kop.

This is all getting a bit weird now, even if you are Neil. 

27 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

has an eye for a pass and has a great passing range

His hollywood balls give possession away far too often, his greatest strength for me is always being available for the ball but when he drops back as far as a CB, it's frustrating all the same

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

DD84B8B5-3B45-4CD7-A439-E183800755C3.jpeg

Just reporting that brentford and Swansea are looking to sign Barry bannan.he has a 1 million release clause in his contract. 

Probably been mentioned in the other 593737948373959 pages of information.....but didn't Bannan say there was no release clause in his new contract?

1 hour ago, Bing Cosby said:

It was always the plan to let Bannan go if we got relegated IMO. Was told by a very good source that his contract included a clause which halved his wages, and a 1 million release clause (if accurate) might be a bit on the low side, but at least gets us a fee and gets his (still inflated) wages off the books.

It might be that he decides to stay, but if he leaves I think we have to look at the positives; big earner off the wage bill, money to invest in a younger, perhaps more physical replacement and the chance to build a side to play the way the manager wants to, without having to either shoehorn Bannan into a system, or build one around him... Both have been big problems for us over the last few seasons IMO.

Yep, as I said in a Bannan thread last week, I don't think he's a natural fit for the style Moore wants us to play.

But he's so clearly head-and-shoulders above anybody we're going to be able to bring in, it kind of feels like we have to keep him, otherwise the quality of our squad plummets. 

It will take some very astute business, but we can emerge from this transfer window having lost our best player, but having gained a better team.

• Like 1