Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

6 hours ago, vulva said:

I keep reading he did us a favour signing that contract with the £1m release clause in it. In reality, he will probably have taken more than £1m out of the club in wages since he signed the contract. With all other associated costs it would have made more sense to release him on a free. 

If we had released him on a free we would still be paying him right now like we have with all the other players we've released, so he hasn't cost us anything.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Needs resolving quickly this. Major distraction 

I get the feeling its only a distraction to the fans, I imagine these things happen all the time within clubs and is the norm for players and managers at this time of year 

3 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I get the feeling its only a distraction to the fans, I imagine these things happen all the time within clubs and is the norm for players and managers at this time of year 

Exactly, and the club and the player will know far more, if indeed there is anything to know at all.

15 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I get what you’re saying but BB is the major cog in our wheel. Integral to how we play. Personally if we can get good money he can go for me. 

1 minute ago, edwinowl said:

I get what you’re saying but BB is the major cog in our wheel. Integral to how we play. Personally if we can get good money he can go for me. 

I agree as i said earlier in the thread £1million pounds for a 31 year old League 1 player in our current  financial state is a fair deal for me 

49 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Very true but he’s a cog in a wheel and style of play that got relegated don’t forget.
The club should take the million if it’s offered and move on to a different style of play. The squad has sufficient numbers of young central midfielders with something to prove. Time for some 

of them to step in and fill the gap if/when Bannan departs. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Very true but he’s a cog in a wheel and style of play that got relegated don’t forget.
The club should take the million if it’s offered and move on to a different style of play. The squad has sufficient numbers of young central midfielders with something to prove. Time for some 

of them to step in and fill the gap if/when Bannan departs. 

Fully agree pal. 

15 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

How do so many fans know how much a player is earning a week ?

my guess is most of them dont but take football management games as gospel