Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

15 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

No delusions from me.  We’re a basket case.

I’ve been more or less right about 95% of my predictions and fears during the DC era.  And I’ve been abused many times on here for being vocal about my doubts and concerns - most of which ended up being bang on the money - much to my horror.

But if the best anyone can up with, in support of this potential transfer, is:

We’ll be crap even if we hold onto Bannan.

Then it’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

Hate everything about this if it happens.

Exactly right. 

We are crap if he stays, we are crap if he goes. At least if he goes there is a lower chance of being hit with another points deduction or embargo so he may as well go.

29 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

As others have said his strengths are outweighed by his weeknesses.

Taking over 100k a month out of the club.

And the ones who want to see him leave are labelled nutters.

lol

No way is Bannan on over £100k a month.

If there isn't a relegation release clause in the contract Bannan should sue his agent for negligence.

It would be nice to get more for him but I'd be glad to get rid of his outrageous wages. Good player but we shouldn't pay anyone that amount (if it's been accurately reported) in L1. We can get several good players for the wages he was getting.

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Exactly right. 

We are crap if he stays, we are crap if he goes. At least if he goes there is a lower chance of being hit with another points deduction or embargo so he may as well go.

Grasping at straws there.

A £1 million quid transfer fee is peanuts compared to the level of revenue we’d need to generate in order to keep our heads above P&S threshold.

This is another Lee Grant type transfer saga - selling our best player for f*ck all - against a back-drop of relegation and financial turmoil.

Did selling Lee Grant in 2010 save us the club almost going bust?  No, it just ensured we went down with worst squad depth in a key area.

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Grasping at straws there.

A £1 million quid transfer fee is peanuts compared to the level of revenue we’d need to generate in order to keep our heads above P&S threshold.

This is another Lee Grant type transfer saga - selling our best player for f*ck all - against a back-drop of relegation and financial turmoil.

Did selling Lee Grant in 2010 save us the club almost going bust?  No, it just ensured we went down with worst squad depth in a key area.

From what I understand the biggest threat to us regarding sanctions is for us to be withholding players pay again.

Having our biggest earner off the books can only be a good thing in this regard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

From what I understand the biggest threat to us regarding sanctions is for us to be withholding players pay again.

Having our biggest earner off the books can only be a good thing in this regard.

How do you know Bannan is our top-earner?

How much more is he earning per annum than our second-highest earner?

Can you link me to the source of your info on our player’s salaries?

• Haha 1

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

💤

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

If there isn't a relegation release clause in the contract Bannan should sue his agent for negligence.

It would be nice to get more for him but I'd be glad to get rid of his outrageous wages. Good player but we shouldn't pay anyone that amount (if it's been accurately reported) in L1. We can get several good players for the wages he was getting.

What are his outrageous wages?

Where has it been accurately reported?

Does someone want to actually post a news article about this rumour, or are we all just going to jump to some random conclusion and believe what we want to be believe?

So far, not one person has posted a credible link to anything close to this rumour. Yet, so many people want to jump on board and believe it! #gullible

11 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Thinks it pretty bleeding obvious

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Does someone want to actually post a news article about this rumour, or are we all just going to jump to some random conclusion and believe what we want to be believe?

So far, not one person has posted a credible link to anything close to this rumour. Yet, so many people want to jump on board and believe it! #gullible

5D2EA1A0-94E1-4C4B-A071-145663024744.jpeg

3 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Thinks it pretty bleeding obvious

Based on?

Not disputing it.  Just saying that people are working on assumptions.

No one has a clue how much Bannan is on compared to the rest of our first team players.  Just playing a guessing game.  I prefer to deal in facts.

Its a grim time to be a SWFC fan.  We’re all trying to look for that silver lining in this grey cloud.

Absolutely no point deluding yourselves though.

He’s our best player, one of the few that came out of last season with any credit.  We won’t replace him with better given we surrendered our Championship status.

If we let Bannan go for a £1 million quid fee, we’ve been tucked up.  Good and proper.

Sky are appalling for making up release clauses. Even their live coverage is full of inaccurate claims about transfer fees and clauses.

Nearly everytime Rhodes played for us after he came back from Norwich they stated we’d turned down a few million for him, which was a nonsense. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Who do you think earns more than Bannan, our 30 year old club captain who just signed a new contract?

• Love 1