Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

BB CAN BE BEE

Barry Bannan has been handed the chance to resurrect his too-flight career with Brentford. 

The Sheffield Wednesday midfielder, 31, will hold talks with the Bees boss Thomas Frank after the £1million release claus in his deal was triggered. 

Swandea and Fulham are also keen on the former Aston Villa and Crystal Palace player.

768D900B-0768-4EE4-B30F-B304E16554A7.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I didn’t read it in the papers.

Incidentally how much do you think he’s on?

I didn't necessarily mean in the papers.

I would be surprised if he's on over £15k which is still a stupid salary for L1.

• Haha 2

I think the media are just recycling old news linking him with Brentford just because he was linked last summer. 

Though I think Bannan is a terrific player at Championship level I can't see any Premier League club being interested, especially at his age of 31. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, 0114 said:

BB CAN BE BEE

Barry Bannan has been handed the chance to resurrect his too-flight career with Brentford. 

The Sheffield Wednesday midfielder, 31, will hold talks with the Bees boss Thomas Frank after the £1million release claus in his deal was triggered. 

Swandea and Fulham are also keen on the former Aston Villa and Crystal Palace player.

768D900B-0768-4EE4-B30F-B304E16554A7.jpeg

Oh look

A £1million release clause

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think the media are just recycling old news linking him with Brentford just because he was linked last summer. 

Though I think Bannan is a terrific player at Championship level I can't see any Premier League club being interested, especially at his age of 31. 

In reality though, £1m is peanuts to big clubs like Brentford, they'd hardly know it was missing.  He could be a squad player and do very well out of it himself.

• Like 1

We always undervalue our players. £1m is too cheap

Bannan haters can say what they want, but other teams constantly praise how good he is and he is easily top half championship player. If grunters are saying £5m is no where near valuation for Baldock then we should be looking at a few million for Bannan

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

We always undervalue our players. £1m is too cheap

Bannan haters can say what they want, but other teams constantly praise how good he is and he is easily top half championship player. If grunters are saying £5m is no where near valuation for Baldock then we should be looking at a few million for Bannan

Baldock's just turned 28 and has just spent the last 2 seasons playing in the PL. Bannan is nearly 32 and has just spent the last 2 seasons fighting relegation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Even if there is a £1m release clause, Bannan still did us a favour signing that deal.

Had he not he’d have walked in the Summer for free like so many have under Chansiri.

Although I think he’s undervalued at £1m, it’s better than getting nothing.

It is and I get that he still has ambitions etc but part of me (and it is only part of me) thinks he was part of the team that saw us relegated - I know Chansiri is the prime suspect but he had accomplices - and should have the balls to stay and get us out of the mess we're in. Just like BFR's lot did. But then I don't have an option to cut and run. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Why would that be a surprise?

Paterson is on more than 15k.

It may have been in the Championship, I would hope we were sensible enough to put in a relegation clause regarding wages if we were relegated into L1.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh look

A £1million release clause

Which a lot of us said there would be one upon relegation, otherwise he wouldn't have signed the contract without an escape route. 

• Like 1