Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

15 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

he said there was no RELEGATION clause in it, not 'release' clause. 

‘If we get relegated that’s down to the club to sort out, I’ve signed for two years’ 

59 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

exactly this. There was a right time to sell Bannan when we would probably have got a decent bit more than 1 million. As you say more mismanagement 

He could have chose to leave on a free at the end of the season. Anything we get now is a bit of a bonus. Also, he said there isn't any relegation clause. Doesn't make it true because Sky says so

58 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Relegation Release Clause: £1 million

Bannan's Contract Extension/Re-Signing Bonus: £1.5 million

Net Profit on Sale: -0.5 million

:Chansiri:

That's not how it works. 

Release clause simply means if a club offers £1m to Wednesday we're obligated to accept it and allow Bannan to negotiate a contract with the suitors. Bannan then has to decide if he prefers the term of the contract being offered or his existing one. By accepting the new contract he terminates any outstanding wages or bonuses that he would have been entitled to should he have stayed.

• Like 3

Is everyone just accepting, that something reported on Twitter, is actually true?

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is not one bit of information on Sky Sports, that I can see, that suggests Bannan is leaving or that anyone has even shown interest. Nor nothing mentioned about any kind of release or relegation clause.

24 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

That's not how it works. 

Release clause simply means if a club offers £1m to Wednesday we're obligated to accept it and allow Bannan to negotiate a contract with the suitors. Bannan then has to decide if he prefers the term of the contract being offered or his existing one. By accepting the new contract he terminates any outstanding wages or bonuses that he would have been entitled to should he have stayed.

Doesn't also mean that if there are more than one interested clubs they may end up paying more.... not likely, but not impossible

All looks fair and correct to me.

If we stay up and he helps it was worth losing the extra £500k, £27k p/w salary is not total a disaster in the Championship.

If we go down he knows the fee isn't bonkers, he gets the move, we get a mil and his wages off the books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Darren Moore's "planning" as far as picking players is concerned is selecting from what he's got. That's it.

I'd still be surprised if Bannan and Windass are here against Charlton, but Moore has no choice but to play them if they are regardless of what else is going on. He doesn't have the luxury of leaving them out.

Disagree, if you know they are leaving you plan without them, makes no sense in preseason, be a lot different if it was league games.