Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

This thread brings back memories. I remember when Forrestieri was our best player. I remember when we couldn’t win promotion if we let go of him. I remember when 10m for him was having our pants down. I remember when we kept him and didn’t get promoted. I remember him never really doing it for us again and leaving here for free after fleecing us for remainder of his contract. 

Oh, the happy memories. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

His hollywood balls give possession away far too often, his greatest strength for me is always being available for the ball but when he drops back as far as a CB, it's frustrating all the same

I didn't want to just list his shortcomings bud was trying to make a point, but be balanced at the same time. For me he's not as good as some think and at almost 32 his stock will be low now to buy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

but there will be a minimum fee release clause as others have said. It has nothing to do with relegation.

One player is not going to drag us into the play offs or automatic. He played a lot last season and we still got relegated, that was because we had a poor team, not really a reflection on him.  I am more concerned about getting 5-6 right players into the right areas of the squad than I am worrying about if we hold on to our prized asset.

5-6 RIGHT players in the RIGHT areas. You really are living in a fantasy world.

Having read all 13 pages so far, I’m gonna chip in here and say that from a previous interview Bannan himself said there’s no relegation clause. 

don’t think anyone’s mentioned it yet. 

• Haha 3

There are pro/cons to him going but given our current position I'd happy sell anyone of value just to have the financial security for this footballing year. Then I can just worry about the football (which will probably mean we'll lose a few more than if they'd stayed)..

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Morning everyone

Just have to ask - is there a clause in his contract at all?

After reviewing his contract with my lawyer I can confirm he has several clauses in his contract. They read:

• Must take all corners, free kicks and penalties
  • Must be allowed to kick it straight into ouch from each kickoff
  • Must be captain
  • any player within 15 yards must pass to him
  • Bonus scheme to incentivise following:
    • Pirouette 500GBP
    • Combs fringe over 500GBP
    • Hits first man from corner 1000GBP
    • Adjusts captains armband 250GBP

I never seen any release clauses but I can confirm he has final say on all transfers and manager appointments. Now let that put an end to this madness.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We REALLY need him. 

But we also really need the cash and the X amount of week he's on (which will be north of 20k). 

Realistically it's probably worth another 2/3 players to us - he's quality, but we have to move him on with a transfer fee at his age. 

15 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

So it’s fine that we’re about to lose our best player and captain 2 weeks before the season kicks off?

Amazing.

In your opinion our best player 

However in my opinion and given the fact we have lambasted the owner at not selling players at the right time, I reiterate that £1 million is a fair price for a 31 year old League one player, I'd also say that it's very good for a club in our financial position