Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

51 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought Barry himself said there was no release clause when he signed it?

I may be wrong though and £1m doesn't seem a figure Chansiri would agree to, seeing as he reportedly turned that down from Brentford last year. 

Thought it was said there was no relegation clause? Could be an entirely different clause

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I can’t see it being true. I remember after the contract was signed he confirmed there was no release clause in his contract. Pretty sure if it was 1 million there would have been way more interest and wouldn’t still be here in July. 

he said there was no RELEGATION clause in it, not 'release' clause. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t come as a surprise. If the the reported wage was anywhere near correct it’s unrealistic for League 1. As for £1 million release figure it sounds about right for a midfield player who will be 32 this year. 

For those criticising the club let’s imagine we’re a Championship Club again for a moment. Imagine the pelters  Chansiri would get for signing a highly paid, soon to be 32 year old 5’6” tall midfield player.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

1 million would be daylight robbery. Surely the club wouldn’t be so stupid as to only have a million release clause!

He could have left in the summer for nowt! shrewd work to get £1m for him ...... £1m > zero  

• Like 3
  • Love 1