SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Nice as this link sounds, extremely unlikely if Blackburn and Cardiff are interested as reported.

Reading the Cardiff forums they seem to think Dingle Mick hasn’t got any money left so has to sell before bringing any more bodies in

Blackpool were the other team mentioned and again according to the Cardiff forums they never followed up their interest

Hunt has apparently moved his family back north and wants a northern side 

As with everything on forums it could be a complete loads of %^*#

13 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Reading the Cardiff forums they seem to think Dingle Mick hasn’t got any money left so has to sell before bringing any more bodies in

Blackpool were the other team mentioned and again according to the Cardiff forums they never followed up their interest

Hunt has apparently moved his family back north and wants a northern side 

As with everything on forums it could be a complete loads of %^*#

Sure he still has his home Leeds way, so depending on his financial and family situation, maybe we tick the right box at the right time.

Maybe wouldn’t want to relocate his family again at his age for a few extra quid

Save me checking; if there is no star next to the thread, I haven't commented in it, right?

Mind you that kind of fits; I genuinely have no strong views on him as a player. He was good going forward. Passable defensively. He was no Roland Nilsson but he is probably the best we have had since Simek.

53 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

He is obviously better than anyone we have or are realistically going to be able to sign.

I was bemused when we sold him and never replaced him tbh.

Yeah, when we sold him I assumed the plan was to bring in a stronger replacement.

Turns out it was just to use his backup as first-choice instead.

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I think this could be a sensible bit of business if it materialises. He offers experience and affords Moore some flexibility in that he could either send one of the youngsters out on loan or  ‘cash in’ on Palmer. Obviously, I don’t think we’d get loads for Palmer, but maybe £250-350k? 

For a 'current' Scottish International??? But you're probably right...

• Haha 1

As I said in the other thread, would be a decent option on a 1yr contract.

Solid, dependable, better than what we have currently. Knows the club.

If BB is leaving as reported we need experience to go with the youngsters.

51 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Signing a 30 year old with 200+ appearances in the Championship over the last 6 years isn't bad for a L1 club. 

True. But it may seem a little foolish when you have a 29 year old who has almost 250 appearances in the Championship over the last 8 years already playing in his position though.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True. But it may seem a little foolish when you have a 29 year old who has almost 250 appearances in the Championship over the last 8 years already playing in his position though.

Not really.

The other guy was his backup whilst he was at the club.

• Like 1