SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For those saying it’s a no brainer can you explain it please?

When he was here last time everyone slated him

When he left everyone was mocking how bad he was at his new club

So how is he now a no brainer??

He was good when he was here last time. Not perfect but loads better than Palmer. As for him getting slated - that's meaningless because unfortunately that's what football fans do. Apart from Kieran Lee. I don't think he ever got slated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Take your pick of which threads you want to read 

Take your point Neil but I guess there isn't a player that's not been criticised on here at some point by someone.

We have to be realistic, whilst Darren is signing young talent to develop, it has to be balanced with some experience.

I don't think anyone thinks Hunt will be a outstanding but more of a steadying influence and we need to consolidate this season.

Let's face it, we're hardly an attractive option in the market we can deal in, so I'll go with whatever Darren decides.

3 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Take your point Neil but I guess there isn't a player that's not been criticised on here at some point by someone. 

Totally but Jack Hunt was a whipping boy and the boo boys favourite let's not try and pretend otherwise

He was scapegoat of the month most months

Owlstalk Shop

I see a fair bit of Lg 1 football and full backs dont need to be especially quick.   Old Lewington is still chugging away at full back for MK dons at 37 yrs old and looks comfortable.  Hunt will be OK for a season.

My bigger concern would be signing Westwood up again which is so inevitable we might as well just get it done now and announce it.

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

@markowl

Apologies pal.

Just trawled back thorough and it wasn't actually you who first mentioned Wickham and only commented on my post.

As I said earlier, crossed wires.

This heat wave is playing tricks with my old head. 😎

No worries mate 👍

Not sure it’s sensible to have two 30 year olds competing at right back. I always remember how Daniel Pudil suddenly found the full back position increasingly difficult when he turned 30. Not much to choose between Hunt and Palmer either. One better attacking the other better defending but surely we need to be looking at a younger player to understudy Palmer and develop. 

If correct this seems to go against the policy of signing energetic young players with something to prove.

• Love 1

What a tidy bit of business if this happens.

Still only 30, fit as a flea, terrific injury record (played 43 games last season - that’s roughly 40 more than most players we chase).

He was a decent top 6 RB in his pomp, and a decent mid-table RB last season. He can also play the ball out with comfort which seems to suit Moore’s reputation.

Palmer LB? Palmer RCB? Or leaving?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally but Jack Hunt was a whipping boy and the boo boys favourite let's not try and pretend otherwise

He was scapegoat of the month most months

Again have to agree.

But we're in a different class of football now and maybe the ones wanting him back are not the ones who slated him previously.

Football fans are fickle creatures, you know that more than anyone.

I guess time will tell if it happens.

• Like 1

Who else from that team is still available?

Westwood obvs.

Lees hasn't found a club.  I presume Loovens, Pudil and Wallace have all retired.

Alex Lopez is at Racing Ferrol. No idea who they are.

Where is that ******** faced little Argentinian ******** these days? Could we get him to turn up?

4 minutes ago, George said:

Who else from that team is still available?

Westwood obvs.

Lees hasn't found a club.  I presume Loovens, Pudil and Wallace have all retired.

Alex Lopez is at Racing Ferrol. No idea who they are.

Where is that ******** faced little Argentinian ******** these days? Could we get him to turn up?

Would rather have Kieran Lee back over all of them tbh

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Nice as this link sounds, extremely unlikely if Blackburn and Cardiff are interested as reported.

Absolutely he is still up to champ standards so be shocked if he dropped to league 1.