SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And I'd post

"hang on a minute? last time Fox was here you all booed him and posted how crap he was"

Then we'd get "Eh? Who posted how bad he was? I don't remember that happening"

(Because we all know that saying 'I don't remember that happening' will make us all forget)

Then we'd get "Nobody ever booed him or posted how crap he was??"

etc etc

Then I'd have to bump the topics and posts where he did, only for someone to then bump a load of topics / posts where he got praised, and so on and so on

It's so painful

I know he got booed and people posted saying he was crap
THEY know he got booed and people posted saying he was crap
WE ALL KNOW he got booed and people posted saying he was crap

But it's 2021

And in 2021 people just post 'Eh? That didn't happen? I don't ever remember that happening?' (when they DID remember it really) 

Absolutely nuts and a total waste of time because every single time we can just find the posts where people booed and posted that he was crap

lol

This is the social media age we live in 

Nobody wants to be seen to be wrong, nobody wants to be told they're wrong and nobody wants to admit they're wrong 

There are no opinions anymore its black and white right or Wrong 

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Now my memory isn't great but I don't remember Hunt getting booed.

Sitting in the North at the Kop end I remember he used to get a decent reception from the fans.

I think every single Wednesday player has been branded as poo or not good enough or even booed at one point

lol

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Sitting in the North at the Kop end I remember he used to get a decent reception from the fans.

He did..be never got booed

3 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

This is the social media age we live in 

Nobody wants to be seen to be wrong, nobody wants to be told they're wrong and nobody wants to admit they're wrong 

There are no opinions anymore its black and white right or Wrong 

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He did..be never got booed

Yep!

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Context is of course everything. Hunt was a (slightly) weak link when we were near the top of the championship pushing for the Premier league. He was still a very competent championship player but probably not quite at the level of a side targeting promotion. Hence the criticism at the time.

We are now a league 1 side with half a squad who would be delighted with a mid table finish.

It's possible to think hunt wasn't good enough at the time he played for us whilst still thinking he could do a job now at a lower level.

Yes

I know

I get it

I understand that

But that also shouldn't mean people start posting 'He never got booed' or 'Nobody ever slated him' etc when we all know he did, and people did.

THAT is my point

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Hunt never got booed in my opinion. I also thought he was a very good player for us. Final ball and decision making at crucial points let him down but he had a great engine and was often a really good outlet for us on the right and he worked well with Wallace.  I liked him. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

Do we have proof? Plenty of threads saying he’s not good enough but can’t remember him getting booed on a regular basis, if at all. 

The only clear boo’s from a large section of the crowd I remember is Morgan Fox when his name was announced in the lineup before kick-off. And Darren Purse where he made a howler and was booed when he next touched the ball. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jack Hunt got booed plenty of times

We discussed it on here regularly

Booing doesnt have to be the entire ground it can be a section of the stand or a group of people in a stand 

Jack Hunt got booed  as have plenty of other decent players in our past  the first i remember was Chris Morris in the early to mid eighties 

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not saying he never got slated because all players do.

Never got booed at a game I attended though.

I can’t remember him ever getting booed. I remember the great reception he got when he came back to Hillsborough with Bristol City. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Is this where even if I post proof and bump threads discussing it you then come back with something else to STILL try and argue it never happened?

Well you’re making out like he was hounded out of Hillsborough and booed every time he touched the ball.

The example you just bumped happens to every player. I had a bloke next to me for a couple of seasons who slagged Kieran Lee off for not being physical enough. Every game. He was just an idiot. I think 98% of Wednesday fans adored Kieran Lee.

So I don’t get what your point is. Individuals slag players off all the time. And fans don’t rate certain players. I wasn’t a massive fan of Jack Hunt and thought he was a weak link in our promotion push. BUT given our current situation and our current standing as club - he would be a good signing in the context of the absolute circus that is SWFC.

• Like 1

Just now, BIG D said:

No, we want proof

lol

No you don't

If I post it and prove it you'll just find some other mad reason to try and discount what I show you

It's how this works

It's how it always works now these days

You just find something you are embarrassed about or don't want to admit and then just say 'I don't recall that ever happening' or 'that never happened' and then we take it from there

Owlstalk Shop

For me it's not a question of if he's good enough, he probably is for L1.

But so is Palmer. They're similar ages, with similar stats who will probably be on similar wages - if not then Hunt will probably be on more.

We've just had a clear out this summer and last of squad members who were on too high wages for what we needed. It took us about 2/3 years to get to a point where we could. People have been understandably moaning about it for ages.

So the first chance we get to sign somebody we're going to sign someone who isn't much of an upgrade, in a position where we are fine, on first team wages? I just cant get my head around it.

If Palmer goes, yes please bring him in, he will be decent at this level. But if he's going to eat into budget when we don't need him then we have been doing that since DC has been here, and it hasn't worked.