SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Luxury .....some of us saw danny cameron and jim craig and we had roofless kop .

Jon Beswetherick 

Chris Carr 

Pat Heard 

seen em all 

It’s all relative as they were playing in the same division as we are now 

at the moment 

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

Jim Craig with a European Cup Winners Medal. Have any other European Cup Winners played for us?

if your backing jim craig i can only think you never saw him play ...he was fecking awful as 5 games in the time he was here while he set up his dentistry practice  probably alludes to .

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Jon Beswetherick 

Chris Carr 

Pat Heard 

seen em all 

It’s all relative as they were playing in the same division as we are now 

at the moment 

dont think pat heard did ......

Guest OwlPastie
29 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Jim Craig with a European Cup Winners Medal. Have any other European Cup Winners played for us?

Does Carson count? 

Owlstalkers June ‘21 “Why can’t we learn our firkin lesson?  Signing thirtysomething has-beens,  just looking for a pension has ruined our club. Firkin DC never listens to firkin anyone”

Owlstalkers July ‘21 after we’re linked with a thirtysomething has-been, just looking for a pension. “Sign him up, no brainer”

FFS

• Haha 1

It’s great reading the old threads that have been brought back up about Hunt. People arguing about him and Palmer and who is best attacking and who can’t defend and who should be first choice or got rid off. Fast forward four years and the same arguments going on. 
It’s like Hunt left and we never replaced him.  Oh hang on

• Haha 1

I always supported him and I will support him if he returned but I was never convinced that Hunt was the superstar fullback that some on here claimed he was. I prefer Palmer as fullback if we are to play with a back four. Hunt always looked like a wingback to me; the problem was that we never played with wingbacks, so I couldn’t validate my assumption. 

The whole Hunt vs Palmer thing on here got stupid with some people unreasonably scrutinising each player to the nth degree. “Player x wouldn’t have missed his header if Palmer would have been in this position”; “Player y wouldn’t have lost his player if Hunt was in that position”.  Stupid! 

My personal preference would be to bring in (from the under 23s or another club) a new right back to compete with Palmer; I can’t see the point in bringing in a 30-year-old to compete with a 29-year-old - we’ve been down that road too many times. 

• Thanks 3

If we had remained in the championship this transfer would be a non starter, but in league one with a lot of young players in the squad then I think this isn’t a bad thing, I’ve also thought Palmer is a better left back than right anyway.

can’t think of many free right backs available that we could sign within our current restraints 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, torryowl said:

steve nicol ?

Neil Mellor, Darren Potter Chris Kirkland and scot Carson all got winners medals in 2005  

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

I always supported him and I will support him if he returned but I was never convinced that Hunt was the superstar fullback that some on here claimed he was. I prefer Palmer as fullback if we are to play with a back four. Hunt always looked like a wingback to me; the problem was that we never played with wingbacks, so I couldn’t validate my assumption. 

The whole Hunt vs Palmer thing on here got stupid with some people unreasonably scrutinising each player to the nth degree. “Player x wouldn’t have missed his header if Palmer would have been in this position”; “Player y wouldn’t have lost his player if Hunt was in that position”.  Stupid! 

My personal preference would be to bring in (from the under 23s or another club) a new right back to compete with Palmer; I can’t see the point in bringing in a 30-year-old to compete with a 29-year-old - we’ve been down that road too many times. 

Well Westwood’s gone so we need Hunt to debate a position don’t we! 😂

Joking aside, one of the 5 that had the balls to step up and take a playoff penalty and he bagged it. Gained a lot of respect for him that day for a defender who never scores to put himself up there when others didn’t.