SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

On 19/07/2021 at 11:12, One De Bilde said:

People are seriously saying they wouldn't have Hunt back!? Think they need a reality check about where we are as a club and who we can attract.

This would be a fantastic signing for League 1.

For me it all depends on how we're setting up and playing.. 

If we go with the wingbacks it suits hunt as he's comfortable on the ball and likes to get forward. 

If we want him to play as an orthodox old style rb, he's not great defensively so would be found out even in this division. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

For me it all depends on how we're setting up and playing.. 

If we go with the wingbacks it suits hunt as he's comfortable on the ball and likes to get forward. 

If we want him to play as an orthodox old style rb, he's not great defensively so would be found out even in this division. 

Last 7+ seasons as a starting Champ right back, for teams more often at the middle upper end. He’s come up against players who’ve gone on to the Prem etc and still remained a starter 

I think defensively he will be fine in L1 even in a 4. Sure he wouldn’t have sleepless nights knowing he’s lining up against Shaun Walley instead of David Brooks 😂

30 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

From what I remember he gave everything but he was poor at actually defending. 

It was only three seasons ago, not three decades.

He actually improved defensively, but his attacking play suffered as a result.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2021 at 11:05, Broomhill Owl said:

No thanks, we need full backs who can cross the ball and score a few goals.

Maybe next time we have one we'll not attempt to force them out of the club like Morgan Fox.

Also, I always liked Jack Hunt, I'd gladly have him back. He's not the most consistent crosser, but he plays at high tempo and gets the ball moving forwards. Hopefully we'll be playing on the front foot this season so his potential weaknesses in defence aren't of too much concern.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So in seasons when we kept a record number of clean sheets Jack Hunt was a poor defender?

and apparently would struggle in League 1 at RB. Madness

30 isn't a bad age either on a free transfer. 

Kyle Walker still absolutely bombing up and down for City and England at 31

• Like 3

Under Carlos he was asked to provide the width and overlap with Wallace, often had so much ground to make up looked like he was out of position a lot? His pace got him out of a lot of trouble but as a signing for league one be delighted! But not if it’s dipping into the no9 kitty !

I personally thought that Hunt was decent for us. Probably played his best football of his career for us.

He was infuriating on occasions with his final ball and he got in good positions. But he had a great engine, his workrate was spot on and he was always an outlet for us on the right. If rumours are true that Forest are after Palmer and we are after Hunt, I’d take that all week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Truth is out there said:

I can / will never forget this -can he ?😳

This one match has a lot to answer for...fans couldn't forget and used it as the excuse the throw the baby out with the bath water.   Even though this United side got promoted.   The start of the Carlos out / he's lost it campaign and now the nutmeg in this one match is casting doubts on  Hunt re-signing (if he does) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Can’t believe people are questioning hunt resigning or not 

he’d be great for us 

our joint best defensive record for two years hunt was part of that back 5 

our best attacking football since the days of big ron / Francis 

hunt was part of that 

we’ve gone backwards at an alarming pace since he’s departed 

now im not saying he’s the soul factor to any of that but. Wing sat now in league one hint gives you energy, pace, work ethic and in league one I’d think a cut above 

owls talk verdict- he’s crap, too expensive and his legs have fell off 

only on here 

• Like 4

Jack hunt brings experience and would be a solid signing in my opinion , it makes a lot of sense.

Signing young players is great, but the team needs balance in terms of youth and experience.

It’s not like we’re in a position to be signing the best young talent out there ala Peterborough, Brentford. There is a reason the players we’ve signed have been released or on loan. There’s risk that they may not perform as we all hope.

We know what we’re getting with jack hunt, plenty of years’ experience at championship level.

It’s a no brainer.

Edited by 109Waddle

On 19/07/2021 at 11:12, @owlstalk said:

Hang on Hang on...

Stop the thread for a moment..

For those saying it’s a no brainer can you explain it please?

When he was here last time everyone slated him

When he left everyone was mocking how bad he was at his new club

So how is he now a no brainer??

It's relative to how awful we have become since he left us and joined Bristol City 

Guest Grandad

Wednesday fans: "All we are doing is signing Academy cast offs"

SWFC linked with Jack Hunt whos played 289 games in the Championship

Wednesday fans: "Not him hes rubbish"