SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

It reminds me of Sunday league teams where you phone round the group of mates you’ve played with before to see if they ‘fancy a game on Sunday’. 

See where you’re coming from, but having sam Hutchinson & Jack Hunt in league 1 would be huge for us. 

Also both played a huge role in the carlos era and still have a couple of years left in em. 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Jack hunts owls record 80 league games, 0 goals, 6 assists not exactly the attacking talent some on here make him out to be.

He was an awful defender, who spent most of this time out of position, we got caught so often on the right side with him in the team, when he did get forward most of the time his delivery was awful as can be see by his only 6 assists or 1 every about 12 games. I still remember when we play the blades are he got the ******** taken out of him for 90 minutes from a 19 year old winger called Brooks, he got megged about 3 times in that game.

Its a no from me, will add little to the team other than another high wage which we cannot afford.

Load of b0ll0cks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Jack hunts owls record 80 league games, 0 goals, 6 assists not exactly the attacking talent some on here make him out to be.

He was an awful defender, who spent most of this time out of position, we got caught so often on the right side with him in the team, when he did get forward most of the time his delivery was awful as can be see by his only 6 assists or 1 every about 12 games. I still remember when we play the blades are he got the ******** taken out of him for 90 minutes from a 19 year old winger called Brooks, he got megged about 3 times in that game.

Its a no from me, will add little to the team other than another high wage which we cannot afford.

He wasn’t that bad

lol

Agree his final delivery was disappointing and I recall he had a habit of hobbling off injured. But was a main stay at right back in our two play off campaigns.

Palmer has improved. Popping his head up, when in attacking areas. Having a look. 

Hunt was always better during their time here. 

I'd be happy with this. Experience counts. Worry about getting a younger player in that position, next year

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Same amount of assists last year in a team with strikers as Liam got on a team with no strikers. 2. 

2 assists all season is abject.

It’s a no from me. Surely if we have big wages for a player we sign someone that is head and shoulders above what we have or we don’t sign anyone? Not players who may be slightly better on a good day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He wasn’t that bad

lol

Agree his final delivery was disappointing and I recall he had a habit of hobbling off injured. But was a main stay at right back in our two play off campaigns.

So in an attacking team, fill of talent he managed an assist every 12 games? Imagine just how many he’ll get with Paterson to aim for instead of Fletcher, Hooper, Nuhiu and Jaoa. 

46 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Where do you get those stats from:

season   apps   goals

18/19      8          1

19/20      21        3

20/21      2          2  out injured or not in squad all season

from transfermarket website.

So yeah let's get him in.

:tango:

Screenshot_20210719-125725_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

So in an attacking team, fill of talent he managed an assist every 12 games? Imagine just how many he’ll get with Paterson to aim for instead of Fletcher, Hooper, Nuhiu and Jaoa. 

In a league below. Palmer is hardly renowned for his assist is he?

Hunt is a fairly solid defender. Has experience and is a good option to have.

Do you think we will get better? 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

In a league below. Palmer is hardly renowned for his assist is he?

Hunt is a fairly solid defender. Has experience and is a good option to have.

Do you think we will get better? 

Palmer in our shower of shybo team got the same amount of assists as Hunt last year. Hunt had actual forwards to aim for whilst in many games Palmer (when not playing centerback) had Reach. 

Yes, I think for the wages he would cost we could bring in better. Better, younger, more potential and resale value.

If not, don’t sign anyone. Hunt isn’t better than Palmer, not enough to warrant the cost of a salary anyhow. If we’re bringing players in they should be better than what we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

I never slagged him, as others have said…

Another point, to maybe balance the argument, because you are right, he did have limitations. I think Moore wants rock solid, old fashioned full backs. I don’t think he wants wing backs. He wants solid defenders first, attacking flare second. A traditional back four. This mitigates most of Hunts ‘weaknesses’ given positionally, he was always a good full back, solid in the tackle with ok pace.

Somehow, judging by our formation for pretty much the entire time Moore has been here, we aren't after a solid back 4

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Palmer in our shower of shybo team got the same amount of assists as Hunt last year. Hunt had actual forwards to aim for whilst in many games Palmer (when not playing centerback) had Reach. 

Yes, I think for the wages he would cost we could bring in better. Better, younger, more potential and resale value.

If not, don’t sign anyone. Hunt isn’t better than Palmer, not enough to warrant the cost of a salary anyhow. If we’re bringing players in they should be better than what we have. 

That’s where I disagree. I think he’s better than Palmer. 

We can’t just sign kids and expect to do well next season. We need experience too. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s where I disagree. I think he’s better than Palmer. 

We can’t just sign kids and expect to do well next season. We need experience too. 

In what aspect is he better? More creative? Last seasons stats suggest otherwise. Better defensively? Not for me.