SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

I just don't get bringing in somebody who is almost the same age, same stats and probably same wage as the RB we already have.

Stats, though useful, will only tell you so much. They won't show the positions a player picks up on the pitch, how quickly they track back etc...

I'd be amazed if anyone who's watched Wednesday over the past six seasons rates Palmer as a better player than Hunt.

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For those saying it’s a no brainier can you explain it please?

When he was here last time everyone slated him

When he left everyone was mocking how bad he was at his new club

So how is he now a no brainier??

I don't recall everyone slating him, you must be getting him mixed up with players like Morgan Fox.

I've never or rarely slated Liam Palmer but when Hunt was here previously my preference was Jack Hunt. 

Its a yes from me. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Stats, though useful, will only tell you so much. They won't show the positions a player picks up on the pitch, how quickly they track back etc...

I'd be amazed if anyone who's watched Wednesday over the past six seasons rates Palmer as a better player than Hunt.

I don't see that much of a difference, Hunt is probably slightly better.

Is it worth having another first team earner in a position that we already have a decent enough option? If we can afford him, fine. Just watched this movie for the past 5 years.

Guest hirstysfags
41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We were a lofty championship team then. Our standards and budget have been decimated.

He's obviously a good potential signing for reasons already stated. 

With him, Palmer, a left back and some young players to get game time that's full backs sorted.

A strong defence is a must in league one, the centre looks solid so just a goalkeeper to add.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don’t know how you can make the claim everyone slated him.

He is a cut above Palmer for a start. Yes from me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I don't see that much of a difference, Hunt is probably slightly better.

Is it worth having another first team earner in a position that we already have a decent enough option? If we can afford him, fine. Just watched this movie for the past 5 years.

We also needs options in the squad. If Hunt is rightback / wingback with Palmer as backup, then we have good cover there, but Palmer could also step across to the left or even slot in as one of a back three if needed.

At present, our squad looks very thin.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

And football fans are fickle by nature as well

Plus with the situation we are in we cant be fussy

Pretty much. Sadly when we let Hunt go I thought we’d replace him with a younger right back, you know like most well run clubs would do. But we didn’t actually replace him at all and just stuck with Palmer. 

Now we’ve dropped a league, it’s a sad reflection of how far we’ve fallen that an older Jack Hunt would improve the team. 

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

"I like those odds":Chansiri:

It's a weird one with Wickham, isn't it? 

The quality is undoubtedly there, but will he ever stay fit for long enough to show it?

If he was very cheap (or accepted a contract with lots of appearance-based clauses), then he could be a good option, but no club could rely on him as a regular starter, and I doubt we're in any position to consider him.

We need experienced professional football players, not just kids. 

Not over the moon about this but for gods sake, when will it hit home that we actually need to be able to put a squad together? Right now the team isn't competitive ready in terms of quality or depth. We're in a situation where we need bodies, and Hunt is an experienced head on a free transfer who already knows the place. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

You must have forgotten all the times Hunt lost the ball on the half way line then trying to beat a man with no cover behind him.

Don't get me wrong he wouldn't be a bad signing. But I don't get the notion from some that he is way better than Palmer andautomatically the best full back in league one. His best days are behind him.

He is way better