SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Was a very reliable player for us probably didn't have the extra bit of quality needed for top 2 in champ but was a reliable 7/10 performer every week for us.

Not usually a fan of bringing players back for the sake of it but he was always comfortably better than palmer particularly at wing back which it looks like we are playing.

It's hard to attempt to defend Jos but seemed like hunt was sold at the last minute without a replacement and palmer then went on to start first game against Wigan at wing back and  had an absolute mare cost us all three goals and missed a few sitters to boot. Then we started playing Baker.

It's a yes from me.

Guest LindaOwl
Just now, BIG D said:

I don’t want Hunt because although he’s better than out current right back he has played for us before. I’d much rather have someone sh it who hasn’t played for us. 

My flaps are like those saloon doors you see on cowboy movies.

I’d rather some of the Owlstalk big boys swing through them and see Mike Hunt than Jack Hunt…..

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I don’t want Hunt because although he’s better than out current right back he has played for us before. I’d much rather have someone sh it who hasn’t played for us. 

Palmer or Hunt 

What a time to be alive 

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's just another example of an owner who can't let go.

Decent player, but I'm sick to death of re signing old players.

Not sure you can level that criticism at him this time.

At the end of the day it’s an experienced Championship fullback interested in stepping down a league.

If he hadn’t played for us before, we’d all be saying it’s a solid signing.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's just another example of an owner who can't let go.

Decent player, but I'm sick to death of re signing old players.

Sometimes things benefit both parties though. If he would come back I think we’d be foolish not to if the wages were within our structure.

If we weren’t a former club of his and within a reasonable distance of his home I doubt he’d even consider us. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure you can level that criticism at him this time.

At the end of the day it’s an experienced Championship fullback interested in stepping down a league.

If he hadn’t played for us before, we’d all be saying it’s a solid signing.

Sorry mate it's just repeated behaviour from my point of view, a continuation of the world's worst Panini sticker album.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Sorry mate it's just repeated behaviour from my point of view, a continuation of the world's worst Panini sticker album.

We can’t spend money though. Not sure what other right backs are available on a free. But I guess Hunt is probably the best available. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We can’t spend money though. Not sure what other right backs are available on a free. But I guess Hunt is probably the best available. 

Fair points and don't disagree on the value.