Potential player walkout

And the saga goes on

Another day, another negative news story 

And then we move on and just wait for the next one

There is literally nothing we can do, this joker is thousands of miles away and the club will probably fold under him

It goes on and on and on and nothing happens

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we never see Chansiri again.

He's bumped up some poor sap to COO and buggered off to play with his water jetpacks or whatever the latest shiny thing to catch his attention is.

This all feels very much like the endgame.  Extremely sad.

Said when he was appointed that The new COO was signing up to be a fall guy. 

Surely Chansiri has to put the club up for sale now,  it's getting very near to the club being in administration and worth £1,  he could still get some millions back from someone if he agrees a deal.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Some really excited people on here isn’t there for a big finger pointing exercise telling the Chansiri Fan Boys ‘told you so’

Not really, the news is the news. Unfortunately it dosn't look good for DC again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Because Bannan might be one of the players still getting paid on time so is still stuck in his contract while the club crumbles around him! 

So Bannan is the only one playing!!!!!!!

Jesus...Same old ..same old!!!

15 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

The club needs to release a statement nipping this in the bud ASAP. 

They cannot remain silent on something as big as this!

They can and they will.

Do you think Chansiri gives a s**t about what is customers think?

He’s treated us with nothing but disdain since he got here, why change now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

In a perverse way I see it in a different way. Stuff like this takes us closer and quicker to bottoming out. I’d rather us crack on and go bust, than faff around for 5 years. The quicker we somehow hit rock bottom, the quicker we can bounce back. If players want to leave, empty their lockers and drop kick em down Penistone Road. It will actually do us a favour, as they will be walking away from a big contract. 

Exactly.... we need to do a Glasgow Rangers... hit rock bottom.... and rebuild .., without Chansiri and son running the show......I would rather be in div 2 ... knowing we have bottomed ..out and start the momentum going to climb back up the league’s.....at the moment we are a laughing stock of a club 

• Like 2

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Depends what you mean by high earners. Yes a fair few of the bigger ones are gone but we still pay over the odds.

Luongo and Paterson, probably Windass too are likely to be closer to £20K than £10K. Dawson is though to be on over £8K. The average for League One is less than £2.5K and our income has been decimated. 

Our fans go on like we’ll be cutting our cloth accordingly but blissfully ignoring fact that the 10 or so players we have contracted collectively earn more than most the squads in the division. 

Our chairman needs to change or sell up! But our fans need to also adjust their expectations. Threads calling for a third goalie to be signed while we can’t pay the wages highlight for me the entitled attitude that exists nowadays. 

At least last tome we had nowt, fans seemed to understand we had nowt. Or am I forgetting those dark times. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Our fans go on like we’ll be cutting our cloth accordingly but blissfully ignoring fact that the 10 or so players we have contracted collectively earn more than most the squads in the division. 

Our chairman needs to change or sell up! But our fans need to also adjust their expectations. Threads calling for a third goalie to be signed while we can’t pay the wages highlight for me the entitled attitude that exists nowadays. 

At least last tome we had nowt, fans seemed to understand we had nowt. Or am I forgetting those dark times. 

When we had nowt last time we still signed 8/9 new players for League One.

So I don’t think it completely unreasonable for fans asking the club to sign players. Because as it stands we can’t even name a Matchday squad.

lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Exactly.... we need to do a Glasgow Rangers... hit rock bottom.... and rebuild .., without Chansiri and son running the show......I would rather be in div 2 ... knowing we have bottomed ..out and start the momentum going to climb back up the league’s.....at the moment we are a laughing stock of a club 

What would happen if we went into Admin?

Whats the series of events? 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Except they aren’t squatters they’re assets with a value and you don’t need to replace squatters. We need to attract a squad for next season. There is no positive side to this regardless of how Chansiri fans try and clutch at straws. 

Everyone’s replaceable in Chansiri’s eyes. That’s why he lets them walk for free. They’re just a cost to him. The players we still have are more than likely seen by him as a cost that’s too high. Force them into a corner so they force moves, bring in cheaper alternatives. 

People are saying he’s skint then at the same time saying the wages left to pay aren’t that much. If he’s skint anything he needs to pay he’ll see as too much. 

If it is being done to force players out then the playing budget will probably be brought into line with whatever you earn from playing in League One. Therefore meaning he doesn’t have to put a penny more into the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1