Potential player walkout

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Why did Bannan agree to the PR stunt?

Why has he tied his future down to this? Or do you think he will be allowed to leave for nothing or next to nothing? In all honesty that wouldn't surprise me at all, it's the only reason I can see for him agreeing to it in the first place. 

I can’t be bothered anymore

If you don’t realise it’s a PR stunt then fair enough

Im more bothered by the players potentially walking out of our club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

so just don't pay the players who are leaving anyway, and make sure you pay those who are still under contract- wish it was that simple

Any assets we had as players have gone- so no money there DC

No players will come to the Owls in this mess 

Just now, vulva said:

In reality players won’t want to do this. It’s a game of poker to speed things up. I know of 2 players buying houses in the City, and many more will have kids settled in schools etc. It won’t happen, in my opinion, although the would be perfectly in their rights to do so. 

They won't be able to afford a house if they arent being paid. 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But he has signed it - why the hell would he? 

He is stuck now whereas if Jordan Rhodes can still get a 3-year deal in the Championship he would be able to make a choice in that respect. 

Does seem very strange. I understand he’s settled in the area and all that and his motivation might not be money particularly at his age. He’s guaranteed games here I suppose.

But I think he could have certainly got a move to most Championship clubs at the end of his deal. Even if he didn’t want to uproot surely a Barnsley, Forest, Huddersfield would have taken him? Not far from Sheffield at all! 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

His fan club will be calling for ANOTHER clear out of players 

Even though we have one every year 

Does he have fan boys?

Who are they?

Can't be many.

Pointless referring to them really.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Wasn't it alleged that Chansiri would punish players in the pocket if they humiliated him by relegation?

Ironic considering we wouldn't have been relegated without his incompetence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does seem very strange. I understand he’s settled in the area and all that and his motivation might not be money particularly at his age. He’s guaranteed games here I suppose.

But I think he could have certainly got a move to most Championship clubs at the end of his deal. Even if he wanted to uproot surely a Barnsley, Forest, Huddersfield would have taken him? Not far from Sheffield at all! 

The money on the table from us was probably far in excess of anything he would get elsewhere. Roll of the dice. Plus worst comes to worst the players are the guaranteed to get paid out when the sh*t hits the fan. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Hence the threat.

Either way it’s not healthy is it? 

It’s one bad thing after another. It’s the classic downward spiral to a club going bust. And with this man in charge I really don’t think someone will swoop in and save us. He’s too deluded and too stubborn to admit defeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I can’t be bothered anymore

If you don’t realise it’s a PR stunt then fair enough

Im more bothered by the players potentially walking out of our club 

You seem to either be ignoring the fact that a contract is entered into by two parties. You’ve done a great job at explaining why SWFC entered into this contract. positive PR story in wake of losing good prospect. That’s awesome. The question was though, why did the player, our captain, our best player agree to sign it. 

It’s fine that you don’t know, I don’t think any of us do. But saying it’s a PR stunt over and over makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2

Listen to Under the Cosh. 

The amount of bullshittery between chairmen, footballers, contracts, lies etc is rife in football.

Bannan might be completely regretting his decision now. It was months ago he signed. Who knows what Chansiri said to him at the time. We could, in his mind, still have stayed in the Champ. 

Things chance very quickly. To even be focusing on this is not relevant to the current situation. 

• Like 3