Potential player walkout

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who are the high earners? If this was Chansiri’s game why on earth would he give Bannan a new deal? 

If he wanted he could probably get offers for both Paterson and Windass, so why would he do this if it was a way of forcing them out the club? I’m sure both would jump at the chance of leaving the club and no doubt in my mind would get offers from the level above or in Scotland.

The bloke is just absolutely skint.  

You’ve answered your own question with the last sentence. Someone on £500 a week is a high earner to a man that’s not got a pot to p*ss in.

Doing this speeds up the process. It also negates the pressure of fans saying ‘We’ll we got 500k for Windass where’s that money gone?’

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who are the high earners? If this was Chansiri’s game why on earth would he give Bannan a new deal? 

If he wanted he could probably get offers for both Paterson and Windass, so why would he do this if it was a way of forcing them out the club? I’m sure both would jump at the chance of leaving the club and no doubt in my mind would get offers from the level above or in Scotland.

The bloke is just absolutely skint.  

Luongo is a high earner nobody is going to offer for.

Paterson might just want to sit on a wage that nobody else will pay him, Windass would probably get an offer but our owner is a stubborn guy who has hardly ever sold a player so unlikely to be budged on what he feels is a fair fee.

Dawson wont get a better deal elsewhere and he is thought to be on over 3 times the average League One wage. There's plenty of high earners that we are still stuck with.

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

I am hoping this doesn't affect our intentions of resigning Osaze Urhoghide in a negative way.

:duntmatter:

If he’s one of the players who’s not been  paid, you cant blame him if he jumps ship

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Surely Chansiri has to put the club up for sale now,  it's getting very near to the club being in administration and worth £1,  he could still get some millions back from someone if he agrees a deal.  

We need to reach rock bottom to move forward.

Hopefully we’ll be up for sale soon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vulva said:

In reality players won’t want to do this. It’s a game of poker to speed things up. I know of 2 players buying houses in the City, and many more will have kids settled in schools etc. It won’t happen, in my opinion, although the would be perfectly in their rights to do so. 

I agree - Chansiri wouldn’t be paying for pitches to be re laid if he was about to let the club sink 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Talking about entitlement when we couldn’t even register enough players to formally complete in a football division if asked now.

Thank god we’re not asked now. 

But I agree to an extent. We need players bringing in to full the gaps. We have two senior pros at keeper. With no left back, no striker, no right winger.... I don’t see the keeper slot as a priority that most do on here. But I don’t want to derail the thread. 

Fingers crossed we resolve this ASAP as next season (if we make it to it) will be hard enough without giving the 10 pros we have reason to quit, or putting off any new players even more than they must already be.

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

See my team...

We can fulfill the fixtures....with absolute crap

same as last season....

I am withdrawing my interest in playing due to a lack of support from the management! 

In the grand scheme of football, players like Luongo & Patterson aren’t high earners

The only reason their wages (or anyone else’s wages) is an issue is because the chairman is a useless sack of poo 

Edited by FreshOwl

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Paterson might just want to sit on a wage that nobody else will pay him, Windass would probably get an offer but our owner is a stubborn guy who has hardly ever sold a player so unlikely to be budged on what he feels is a fair fee.

Dawson wont get a better deal elsewhere and he is thought to be on over 3 times the average League One wage. There's plenty of high earners that we are still stuck with.

Does it matter what contract their on if they don't get paid.

They could hand their notice and get a club that would actually pay them, surely that's better than being paid £0?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Westwood, Rhodes, Lees, Reach all leaving. That must be saving well over 100k on wages a week? 

It wouldn’t be the first time a club drops to League One and have players on their books well over the average wage for the League. Hull, Wolves, Blackburn have all dropped in recent seasons.

If he can’t afford the players on the books now after all the money he’s saving from the released players - the guy must seriously be in the brown stuff.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think this is being over analysed. People act like Chansiri has a plan. 

In my opinion he just can no longer afford the club and the wages he pays. There’s no cunning plan to get players out the club. He just can’t afford it anymore.

Either way we are screwed! 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

In the grand scheme of football, players like Luongo & Patterson aren’t high earners

The only reason their wages (or anyone else’s wages) is an issue is because the chairman is a useless sack of poo 

They are high earners by division 3 standards in comparison to what we agreed to pay them.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm sorry you feel like that Hirsty.....

would you like to discuss it wiv a 12 yr old kid?

Let me get someone to package a 2-minute highlight reel of me on Youtube for him first. 👍

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think this is being over analysed. People act like Chansiri has a plan. 

In my opinion he just can no longer afford the club and the wages he pays. There’s no cunning plan to get players out the club. He just can’t afford it anymore.

I agree. But what is happening is clearly his hare-brained solution to being skint. 

Nobodies saying it’s a grand plan. It’s just someone starving the club of funds knowing that nature will take its course. 

If he was bothered about selling players and recouping transfer fees he would’ve sold the likes of Forestieri and Reach years ago. The fact is the wages are his major expense and he’ll be looking at the quickest way of offloading that issue. What is happening now is the quickest way. 

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, NeonLeon said:

I agree. But what is happening is clearly his hare-brained solution to being skint. 

Nobodies saying it’s a grand plan. It’s just someone letting starving the club of funds knowing that nature will take its course. 

If he was bothered about selling players and recouping transfer fees he would’ve sold the likes of Forestieri and Reach years ago. The fact is the wages are his major expense and he’ll be looking at the quickest way of offloading that issue. What is happening now is the quickest way. 

I doubt this is his solution because it will just mean that we get a points deduction and have no players to start the season. Same as Bolton the other year. Doesn’t solve anything when the contracts are water tight and end up having to be paid anyway