Potential player walkout

Well this could spiral very quickly indeed and we could seriously be out of business in a matter of weeks. 

We’ve been crawling into this position for many months now and it finally looks like  things will come to a head if players decide to (rightfully) hand in their notices. 

Chansiri in his naivety and stubbornness could end up walking away with nothing and leave us with no football club. Well done that man, well done indeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

You seem to either be ignoring the fact that a contract is entered into by two parties. You’ve done a great job at explaining why SWFC entered into this contract. positive PR story in wake of losing good prospect. That’s awesome. The question was though, why did the player, our captain, our best player agree to sign it. 

It’s fine that you don’t know, I don’t think any of us do. But saying it’s a PR stunt over and over makes no sense at all. 

Only option can be the club offered to pay him whatever it would take or whatever clauses he wanted to get the deal done to get the PR story like you say. 

PR has to be the clubs motive to do whatever it took 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does seem very strange. I understand he’s settled in the area and all that and his motivation might not be money particularly at his age. He’s guaranteed games here I suppose.

But I think he could have certainly got a move to most Championship clubs at the end of his deal. Even if he didn’t want to uproot surely a Barnsley, Forest, Huddersfield would have taken him? Not far from Sheffield at all! 

I reckon he is probably getting paid more by us than they would give him in the current climate but even so, with the club crumbling around him it seems strange to commit himself to more of this.

I was convinced he would have a clause that would allow him to move on if we went down but the same press who are reporting on this now reported that this was not the case.

I'd imagine he might well be regretting his decision as things stand.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Either way it’s not healthy is it? 

It’s one bad thing after another. It’s the classic downward spiral to a club going bust. And with this man in charge I really don’t think someone will swoop in and save us. He’s too deluded and too stubborn to admit defeat. 

In a perverse way I see it in a different way. Stuff like this takes us closer and quicker to bottoming out. I’d rather us crack on and go bust, than faff around for 5 years. The quicker we somehow hit rock bottom, the quicker we can bounce back. If players want to leave, empty their lockers and drop kick em down Penistone Road. It will actually do us a favour, as they will be walking away from a big contract. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

The club needs to release a statement nipping this in the bud ASAP. 

They cannot remain silent on something as big as this!

Who’s releasing this statement? There’s no captain, it’s a rudderless ship! 

Makes you wonder if that’s why we don’t have a CEO, director of football etc. Means you can bury your head in the sand as the owner then. 

• Like 1

What would Bannan have to lose?

He signs a bloody contract that Chansiri breaks by not actually paying him

Bannan looks like a really loyal Owl

Chansiri confirms he's the idiot we see him to be?

Whats Bannan got to lose?

Bannan says...." I signed the contract , expecting Chansiri to fulfill the terms"

Chansiri says.....

"Wanna buy a ground?"

Just now, vulva said:

In a perverse way I see it in a different way. Stuff like this takes us closer and quicker to bottoming out. I’d rather us crack on and go bust, than faff around for 5 years. The quicker we somehow hit rock bottom, the quicker we can bounce back. If players want to leave, empty their lockers and drop kick em down Penistone Road. It will actually do us a favour, as they will be walking away from a big contract. 

You may have a point there. Look at all those times we cheered and celebrated avoiding liquidation, winding up etc. Then look at how Leicester and others went through liquidation and came back stronger. 

Fair play to them, zero issue with it myself.

As others have said will clear the decks and the sooner we reach the end game the better for the club and us going forward.

Get it bottomed out and we can pick up the pieces quicker.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 3

Guest Grandad
Just now, 4evaowl said:

Wonder if this is DCs plan. Let all the current players walk, then bring in kids/lower league freebies on lower wages. 

You think he's got a plan? 

Really??

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

In a perverse way I see it in a different way. Stuff like this takes us closer and quicker to bottoming out. I’d rather us crack on and go bust, than faff around for 5 years. The quicker we somehow hit rock bottom, the quicker we can bounce back. If players want to leave, empty their lockers and drop kick em down Penistone Road. It will actually do us a favour, as they will be walking away from a big contract

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's how the owner sees it.

Trouble with that is that we undoubtedly end up with more points deductions and transfer restrictions if we follow this through, and we don't have a full team as it is. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m with you in a way. But do you think Chansiri is going to walk away once we’ve bottom out? What about the ground? He doesn’t strike me as the type of person to cut his losses and let go. 

I’m not being dramatic when I say this. But I genuinely think the only way Chansiri leaves is if SWFC cease to exist anymore.

I am that worried. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Grandad
Just now, ChinaOwl said:

We will need some new "walk out music" for this.

How about Last Post or summat?

:Chansiri:

Theme tune to Steptoe and Son for next season team to walk out to

If he isn't paying wages on time and doing so repeatedly then it will be easy to demonstrate breach of contract.

Players and staff can then just serve notice of termination and walk away.

Edited by 33
Poty
  • Like 1