Steve Chu with a few home truths.

It’s just pointless really. Nothing will change with Chansiri in charge. People have been banging this drum for years and he won’t listen.

We’ve got two hopes:

1) Somehow he gets it right through his way of running things.

2) He sells up to someone at least slightly more competent.

I can’t see either of the above happening. 

• Like 2

Steve is just too sensible for Chansiri to grasp the idea.

I can admit that I have not considered us massive for a long time now. A massive club does not languish in the second or third tier of national football, going from problem to problem and looking like there is no plan. The plot's been lost and these are the last times to start writing a new one.

• Like 2

just some personal comments...

It would be nice to be competitive.

It would be nice to see the club run competently, taking advantage of this reset.

It would be nice to a strong spine to the team.

It would be nice to see a team of 7-8/10s each week.

I would rather have enthusiastic kids than loans who think they are better than they are.

It would be nice to see a stadium of empty seats full at reasonable prices rather than a hardcore of what is likely to be 10-12,000 scattered around the ground.

It would be nice to see the upper Leppings Lane demolished down to a single tier whilst ‘away’ followings will be virtually non-existent.

There are always opportunities in adversity but I do worry there is no expertise to spot and develop them and we end up being some premiership B team run by a barrow boy who sells fake and faulty goods.

• Like 2

As Steve’s figures show our problems started long before chansiri. We’ve had no direction for years before that. No youth policy. Four players played for England this week from this area none were from SWFC. We just don’t try to find good young players. Our coaching is diabolical no one gets any better , the two goalkeepers are an example, they’ve gone backwards under the current coach. 
Before Chansiri we could blame a lack of money for not setting things right but he spent millions on rubbish and not the important things. We need to rectify these problems ASAP but will Chansiri? I think we all know the answer. 

• Like 3

Young hungry players tho, that’s the ultimate cliche.

would rather have skilful players who create chances and score goals, and defenders and goalies who stop goals going in.  They can be fat and old as far as I am concerned, as long as they are good enough to win games consistentlu

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, runningaround said:

His damning comparison is clearly aimed at the owner in my opinion, a danger to his own money and our club equally.

TBF it doesn't seem to be aimed at any single person, more the mindset over the last 20 years.

At the heart of the problem #swfc has to admit is that it isn’t a “massive” club right now. It has been a massive club in the past, and could be in the future. But it isn’t at the moment. From the boardroom, to the pitch, to the stands, this is a massive problem to resolve.

When I worked at #swfc, just after PL relegation in 2000, when we had the new experience of losing to the likes of Fulham, Preston and Burnley, a colleague remarked with relish how he was going to enjoy passing them all on the way back up. 20 years on, we are still waiting.

29 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

just some personal comments...

It would be nice to be competitive.

It would be nice to see the club run competently, taking advantage of this reset.

It would be nice to a strong spine to the team.

It would be nice to see a team of 7-8/10s each week.

I would rather have enthusiastic kids than loans who think they are better than they are.

It would be nice to see a stadium of empty seats full at reasonable prices rather than a hardcore of what is likely to be 10-12,000 scattered around the ground.

It would be nice to see the upper Leppings Lane demolished down to a single tier whilst ‘away’ followings will be virtually non-existent.

There are always opportunities in adversity but I do worry there is no expertise to spot and develop them and we end up being some premiership B team run by a barrow boy who sells fake and faulty goods.

If your second point was done well the rest would follow.

48 minutes ago, 0742 said:

This is some low level thinking dressed up as something genius.

Do players who run through walls really exist these days?

We've had a tough 20 years of mismanagement in what has been 2 decades of financial rollercoaster, not only on a global level, but within the sport of football too. 

Players do exist who will run through walls, it's not just young players either.  They won't run through walls for anyone,but they will do it for a real leader, someone who challenges them to be the best they can be but who is also supportive and understanding when they fail. There aren't many of those people around. Wilder is one of them,  Clough was another, don't get me wrong I don't think Wilder is another Clough but at the Lane he was the right man in the right place. To get people to buy into what you want you need a vision and a plan of how to achieve it, you need long term planning and the right support. None of that currently exists at Hillsborough.

You are right, we have had 20 years of mismanagement at the club, you could go back a lot further than that as well. It's been years, decades of mismanagement with brief periods where things have come good. It's nothing to do with the global situation in the world or football, other clubs have come through these times and prospered. We need a long term plan, sound leadership from the owner, a proper manager, good coaching staff and an excellent scouting network.  The current manager might be ok but it's too early to tell, the rest of it is lacking.

• Thanks 1

Didn't Chansiri say that Sheffield Wednesday aren't as big as some people think? 

That was met with outrage by some on here but when Steve Chu says the same it is taken as gospel and shows how he knows his stuff but Chansiri doesn't?

Oh, and as and when we are relegated this season, 3 relegations to League One in the 21-year spell that he is looking at does not make us a League One Yo-Yo club.