Steve Chu with a few home truths.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is right but surely to God we are bigger and should be higher than league one? Unfortunately Chansiri probably won’t even read what SC has written and wouldn’t take any notice anyway. Chansiri is killing the club. 

Asolutely spot on about that last sentence.:tango:

47 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Was he not part of a failed regime?

Bit harsh in that respect, only so much a communications officer can do I suppose, they don't decide what to communicate.

He hasn't said anything more than many on here have said though (other than stating we are a League One yo-yo club, which is incorrect), yet some want to make him CEO! 

36 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Young hungry players tho, that’s the ultimate cliche.

would rather have skilful players who create chances and score goals, and defenders and goalies who stop goals going in.  They can be fat and old as far as I am concerned, as long as they are good enough to win games consistentlu

I thought we signed the likes of Dele Bashiru, Brown, Green, kept Penney, Dawson, Wildsmith because they are 'young and hungry'......... they've been inspirational! 

People agreeing with him about our situation over the last 20 years and then placing the blame solely on Chansiri who has been here for 5 years in the same breath is pretty ironic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Didn't Chansiri say that Sheffield Wednesday aren't as big as some people think? 

That was met with outrage by some on here but when Steve Chu says the same it is taken as gospel and shows how he knows his stuff but Chansiri doesn't?

Oh, and as and when we are relegated this season, 3 relegations to League One in the 21-year spell that he is looking at does not make us a League One Yo-Yo club.  

Football fans should be farmers make fantastic cherry pickers.

30 minutes ago, parajack said:

There is no 'Boardroom' there is only i man our owner....

Very true mate

im not sure boardrooms exist anywhere these days

And your right certainly not at Hillsborough 

Wrong turn of phrase

I corrected it earlier mate 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Your only as big as your commercial revenue these days and we don’t produce that, or anything thing else of note which explains why we are where we are in so many words.

Your bang on mate. 

We have no external sponsors, only chansiri's shell companies. He has driven away our POTD supporters with rip off prices, he has driven away corporate box holders with rip off prices and front loaded out season ticket income with moronic multi years season tickets. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bit harsh in that respect, only so much a communications officer can do I suppose, they don't decide what to communicate.

He hasn't said anything more than many on here have said though (other than stating we are a League One yo-yo club, which is incorrect), yet some want to make him CEO! 

Fair enough. Why isn’t he on owlstalk. Surely this is the place to discuss Wednesday 

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He not saying anything new just from a slightly more privileged position .....

All that he has put has been previously been posted on this very site many times ...

And has usually been followed by neg symbols .......

Truth like cream on a Berni coffee sits at the top ...

Until someone stirs it .......

I like Steve Chu ...

This is very true - most of us know and recognise all his points, sometimes people tend to take more notice of someone in a “better” position to comment.

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

This is some low level thinking dressed up as something genius.

Do players who run through walls really exist these days?

We've had a tough 20 years of mismanagement in what has been 2 decades of financial rollercoaster, not only on a global level, but within the sport of football too. 

Wilder seemed to find them until he went all kid in a sweet shop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Fair enough. Why isn’t he on owlstalk. Surely this is the place to discuss Wednesday 

Maybe he is? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Wilder seemed to find them until he went all kid in a sweet shop

The likes of Basham and Fleck were playing and failing for them in League One before Wilder arrived. 

1 hour ago, Howards back said:

As Steve’s figures show our problems started long before chansiri. We’ve had no direction for years before that. No youth policy. Four players played for England this week from this area none were from SWFC. We just don’t try to find good young players. Our coaching is diabolical no one gets any better , the two goalkeepers are an example, they’ve gone backwards under the current coach. 
Before Chansiri we could blame a lack of money for not setting things right but he spent millions on rubbish and not the important things. We need to rectify these problems ASAP but will Chansiri? I think we all know the answer. 

How many times over the past few years and as you say before DC has it been said on here and when talking to mates. The defence and midfield need strengthening and every transfer window they aren't? If we can see it why can't the manager who's being paid several hundred pounds a week not? I can accept that it's not always easy to find and buy players but as I say it's by no means a new problem

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why not?  He has carried out a root cause analysis and shown he has some understanding if the problems at the club. He's done the first stage of a plan to hopefully turn the club around. The plan at the moment or in the past was to try and buy ourselves out of trouble. As I said in another post we've needed to strengthen midfield and defence for years yet a couple of seasons ago we had 6 strikers in the squad. Almost a if we score more than them we'll be alright strategy 

9 minutes ago, darra said:

Why not?  He has carried out a root cause analysis and shown he has some understanding if the problems at the club. He's done the first stage of a plan to hopefully turn the club around. The plan at the moment or in the past was to try and buy ourselves out of trouble. As I said in another post we've needed to strengthen midfield and defence for years yet a couple of seasons ago we had 6 strikers in the squad. Almost a if we score more than them we'll be alright strategy 

Why not appoint someone as CEO just because they said a few things on Twitter that many fans have been saying for years?

What is the first stage of the plan to turn the club around that he has outlined that nobody else has thought of?  

He does realise that the whole massive thing is a joke right?

Nobody genuinely thinks that we’re massive, we’re a big traditional club like 40 others in this country, with ok support at home and fantastic support away which means fack all to what goes on on the pitch. That is the job of DC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Minton said:

People agreeing with him about our situation over the last 20 years and then placing the blame solely on Chansiri who has been here for 5 years in the same breath is pretty ironic

Allen - shoestring budget just hadn't the cash required

Manderic - had the cash but spent to the penny only what was required to turn a profit

The difference being Chansiri is the first person with the wealth to turn us into something, nearly paid off straight away, but it didn't. The basis was there with decent recruitment to get us up, just needed a proper manager and a decent recruitment set up     

Imo there are 2 ways to go up the Wolves way or the mob down the road's way.  We somehow managed to spend a fortune yet get neither  

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Allen - shoestring budget just hadn't the cash required

Manderic - had the cash but spent to the penny only what was required to turn a profit

The difference being Chansiri is the first person with the wealth to turn us into something, nearly paid off straight away, but it didn't. The basis was there with decent recruitment to get us up, just needed a proper manager and a decent recruitment set up     

Imo there are 2 ways to go up the Wolves way or the mob down the road's way.  We somehow managed to spend a fortune yet get neither  

I'm not saying that Chansiri is a Saint in all this, just that our problems have been around far longer than his stewardship. Chu is calling for an attitude change from the supporters and purely blaming Chansiri isn't the way to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1