Steve Chu with a few home truths.

What a post, Steve is bang on the money and I think I'm correct in saying he worked within the club over some of that period (may be wrong). 

We are criminally mismanaged by the short termism of the current regime, it has cost us horrendously. Any fan that can't see that and still choose to 'back' Chansiri or 'give him the benefit of the doubt' are blind to it all. Which is frightening. 

On and off the pitch, through all areas of playing and non playing we are below the standards of much much smaller clubs. It's embarrassing. It's a chain around our neck and it DOES and will keep dragging us towards League 1 rather than the Premiership. It will continue to do so in the future if this inept chairman is allowed to run the club as he does. 

• Like 7

Just now, Basement Jack said:

What a post

That thinking needs to be in the boardroom 

The boardroom is pretty much 1 man and his 1 lapdog. They make decisions within their own deluded world. No one else matters. It's now DC against the world and he makes us know it. 

• Like 5

This is some low level thinking dressed up as something genius.

Do players who run through walls really exist these days?

We've had a tough 20 years of mismanagement in what has been 2 decades of financial rollercoaster, not only on a global level, but within the sport of football too. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

He gives evidence and critical analysis we can all see, its been a sheet show since mid 90s. No clear plan, no identity. It could be argued we are lucky not to be lower down before this year. His damning comparison is clearly aimed at the owner in my opinion, a danger to his own money and our club equally.

• Like 2

We need the right strategy and accept it will take time.

But asking patience from football fans is like trying to get blood from a stone.

I don't blame fans that much for being impatient really when its a cold November afternoon and we are paying out a dull 1-1 home draw with Forest Green Rovers next season and its £30 a ticket.

Just now, 0742 said:

This is some low level thinking dressed up as something genius.

Do players who run through walls really exist these days?

We've had a tough 20 years of mismanagement in what has been 2 decades of financial rollercoaster, not only on a global level, but within the sport of football too. 

In the last 2 decades of financial 'rollercoasters' the amount of clubs that have overtaken us is staggering. I'm not just talking about on the pitch either. Off the pitch, which is more important from a long term sustainablility perspective to create the environment for success, we sit outside the top 38 or so teams in the country, proven over the last 20 years. Are you suggesting our troubles are a product of the environment and that we have been well run during these periods? It's like saying we are ******** will always be ******** and should never aspire to not be ********. All because there's been more money in the game and we shouldn't expect that to have affected us positively. 

• Like 3

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Some really good points there by Steve Chu, not to be sneezed at...

Wonder if Chansiri will take heed?

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So he’s agreeing with Chansiri when he said we’re not as big as we think we are?

Thats the one thing i agree with DC about tbf

He is right but surely to God we are bigger and should be higher than league one? Unfortunately Chansiri probably won’t even read what SC has written and wouldn’t take any notice anyway. Chansiri is killing the club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 9

He not saying anything new just from a slightly more privileged position .....

All that he has put has been previously been posted on this very site many times ...

And has usually been followed by neg symbols .......

Truth like cream on a Berni coffee sits at the top ...

Until someone stirs it .......

I like Steve Chu ...

• Like 6

There's nothing new or revelationary in what he says, we read and hear such things all the time. I don't need anyone else pointing out how we've underachieved for so long.

What's Carlton Palmer got to say on the matter? We haven't heard his opinion for a few hours now.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Some really good points there by Steve Chu, not to be sneezed at...

Wonder if Chansiri will take heed?

No. DC has shown over the last 5 years that he is a stranger to such things as:

Common sense

Strategic planning

Financial prudence 

While he remains in control dont expect him to suddenly change to doing things properly. Expect more batschizz crazy decisions, more high ticket prices, more cakeball.

19 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The boardroom is pretty much 1 man and his 1 lapdog. They make decisions within their own deluded world. No one else matters. It's now DC against the world and he makes us know it. 

Very true mate

im not sure boardrooms exist anywhere these days

And your right certainly not at Hillsborough 

Wrong turn of phrase 🤦‍♂️