THE MONK OUT THREAD

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. No more.

Enough is enough. 

He has got the Wycombe game for me. Needs to do two things though.  Drop Dawson after that performance and stop trying to play that ridiculous formation with all the players even remotely capable of playing it unable to play.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paul Cook - he's never finished anywhere above midtable in the Championship mate

Not once

He’s probably had more success than monk in his management career and would have kept Wigan up last season had it not been for administration. He appears to know how to organise and motivate a side which monk quite clearly isn’t capable of at the moment.

My thought before tonight was that minimum requirement would be 6 points / 3 decent performances from next 4 games.  Assuming we won’t now win 2 out of next 3, there would be an opportunity to get new man in before International break.  In Chansiri world, I expect us to limp on until Christmas before belatedly sacking Monk - will probably be too late by then and we’ll end up with the next big thing from Portuguese Liga 2 in readiness for a season of toil in a League One.

INFACT DC WAKE THE  FOOOOOK UP....

GET THIS MUPPET MONK OUT NOW BEFORE  THIS SEASON IS LOST(give us till after xmas till we all realise we are doomed  please)

HE DOESN'T FIT

HE DOSEN'T WORK

HE DOSEN'T EVEN WIN AT HOME...

ALL THIS HE'S HAD BAD LUCK,

HE'S GOT  INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS.

HIS OWN STAFF...CRAP...

gollox....

Do you think we all want him to not be successful??

Because i wish he was the best manager wr have ever had,but he will never be...

DC ACT NOW.. 

Get someone with stigma,a reputation,a Wednesday man,i dont know but Please please nomore of this.......

UTO.......

PS...all uppercase (or capital letters when i was at school)

WERE DONE FOR EFFECT!!!!!!

FTB

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

My thought before tonight was that minimum requirement would be 6 points / 3 decent performances from next 4 games.  Assuming we won’t now win 2 out of next 3, there would be an opportunity to get new man in before International break.  In Chansiri world, I expect us to limp on until Christmas before belatedly sacking Monk - will probably be too late by then and we’ll end up with the next big thing from Portuguese Liga 2 in readiness for a season of toil in a League One.

The next big thing from the Portuguese Second sounds good to me, though not sure what he’d make of the bunch of cloggers Monk has brought in

I've said it before and I will say it again we still have some rotten eggs in camp..... 

This happened with far too many managers now 

We need to start to point the finger at the players not the manager monk today looked deflated.... 

Looks like the bad eggs are getting there way again.

• Haha 1

Well, for all the 'give Monk the pre season, give monkntime, give.monk his backroom staff, let Monk have his own players ' brigade.  We are now going to have this shower for the next 3 to 4 years.  

Brilliant.   Well.done Chansiri,  so inept not to act at the endnof last season.  Just wishing it all would be better.   We need stronger leadership than this!!

• Like 1

Surely there can’t be anyone who can seriously say Garry Monk is the man to lead us out of the situation we are in?

I don’t even think Garry Monk thinks Garry Monk is the right man to be managing Sheffield Wednesday!

However, it doesn’t matter what any fan, player or even Garry himself thinks. It’s all down to the individual decision of the owner of this football club.

Under ‘normal’ circumstances I think we would see a change of manager as 30,000 people booing and baying for blood cuts through to any individual and is impossible to ignore. 
But things aren’t normal, and I don’t think our owner is logging on here to read my posts. 
So, against the odds I think we might be having the same conversation for several weeks to come...

Oh Christ, I’ve just depressed myself even more...

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The next big thing from the Portuguese Second sounds good to me, though not sure what he’d make of the bunch of cloggers Monk has brought in

You’re probably right, and I’m certainly not against foreign coach - we might strike lucky.  It’s our competence to identify the right person that concerns me.

On the basis that any incoming manager will have to play the hand they’ve been dealt in terms of players (with an opportunity for a couple of new faces in January?), I would be looking much closer to home at Mick McCarthy as short term fix.  He certainly knows a thing or two about cloggers!

7 hours ago, Owlsend said:

I've said it before and I will say it again we still have some rotten eggs in camp..... 

We need to start to point the finger at the players not the manager monk today looked deflated.... 

Firstly, how do you know this?

Secondly who are they?

Monk is awful and that’s been confirmed now.  Yes we’ve had players sent off but the way we’ve started those games was terrible and representing his coaching and motivation of the players.  

I’d be asking Cook, McCarthy and Pearson if any of them want the job till end of the season.  Or basically anyone, even Pulis now.  Then start again in league 1 next season with a long term plan 

We have all seen some absolute garbage over the past 20 years and this at the moment is right up there for me. 

Obviously it's not just this season. Since Stoke away where we conceded 2 in injury time, by and large it's been difficult to watch with so many poor performances. The keepers never filled anyone I talk to with any confidence whatsoever and when silly mistakes are made constantly it doesn't give confidence to the rest of the team, nevermind the defence. 

Where do we go? 

I rated Cook when he was at Chesterfield and I'd go all out to get him as he's exactly the kind of character we need. 

Monk had to have time.... but how much longer do you give before we are certs to go down. 

It occurred to me what has happened since he beginning of the season....we started unified, doing our team bonding huddle on the pitch, Monk and the coaches shouting encouragement non stop from the sidelines. 

8 games in the players are going through the motions while Monk and the coaches sit on the bench with their hands in their pockets. 

Whatever happened at Christmas last season seems to have happened already this. Nobody looks bothered, there is no team spirit, will to work or fight for each other, players not considered despite obvious shortcomings in the team and a disconnect between management and the players. 

We could well win on Saturday but all it will do is prolong the inevitable.The way we play, the way Monk manages, it’s not going to progress the club in the way that we all want. Without sounding like a broken record the Monk/Lukuhay eras have been a mirror image of each other, they really have.

Lukuhay hit the end of the road eventually and the same will happen to Monk. Bullen will come in as caretaker, recall Westwood and we’ll get a bounce and then the whole charade will start up all over again.

Monk’s biggest mistake for me apart from selecting Dawson regularly is he made it all about himself far too soon in the job. He was going to change the culture, he knew what a winning dressing room was like, blah, blah. It was if he laid all the problems at the door of the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Forestieri etc. Get rid of them and our problems would suddenly disappear?

Well what he conveniently forgot is the likes of Bannan, Lees, Reach, Palmer, these players Monk’s bombed out have been team mates of these lads for a long time and I suspect they feel the outgoing players have been disrespected? Mr Monk also commented in public recently about spotting potential problems that could come to bite him. How do long established players at the club react to that? Is he referring to me? They’ve got a right to think that? Reach in particular has struggled really badly under Monk and has often cut a dispirited and dejected figure.

It looks like he’ll get the next 3 games where at best we’ll get 3 points and the international break will be the time where there may well be change? I think the next manager will be one of 3. All currently out of work which is the Chansiri way. Mick McCarthy, Paul Cook or Bruno Lage. I’m not a fan but I think we need McCarthy. This situation requires a Megson type firefighter and he fits the bill? But I suspect he won’t take it and one of the other two will?

8 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Who are the bad eggs left in the camp?