THE MONK OUT THREAD

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

We could well win on Saturday but all it will do is prolong the inevitable.The way we play, the way Monk manages, it’s not going to progress the club in the way that we all want. Without sounding like a broken record the Monk/Lukuhay eras have been a mirror image of each other, they really have.

Lukuhay hit the end of the road eventually and the same will happen to Monk. Bullen will come in as caretaker, recall Westwood and we’ll get a bounce and then the whole charade will start up all over again.

Monk’s biggest mistake for me apart from selecting Dawson regularly is he made it all about himself far too soon in the job. He was going to change the culture, he knew what a winning dressing room was like, blah, blah. It was if he laid all the problems at the door of the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Forestieri etc. Get rid of them and our problems would suddenly disappear?

Well what he conveniently forgot is the likes of Bannan, Lees, Reach, Palmer, these players Monk’s bombed out have been team mates of these lads for a long time and I suspect they feel the outgoing players have been disrespected? Mr Monk also commented in public recently about spotting potential problems that could come to bite him. How do long established players at the club react to that? Is he referring to me? They’ve got a right to think that? Reach in particular has struggled really badly under Monk and has often cut a dispirited and dejected figure.

It looks like he’ll get the next 3 games where at best we’ll get 3 points and the international break will be the time where there may well be change? I think the next manager will be one of 3. All currently out of work which is the Chansiri way. Mick McCarthy, Paul Cook or Bruno Lage. I’m not a fan but I think we need McCarthy. This situation requires a Megson type firefighter and he fits the bill? But I suspect he won’t take it and one of the other two will?

yes. If we get something on Saturday it will just paper over the cracks before another couple of defeats. We need to act now and get a new manager in. Sick to death of this shambles of a club on and off the pitch. 

11 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

I was at games the season we got relegated from the prem and we were really crap but this right here is 1000% worse.

we could more or less be down by xmas

For sure we will cash in on our assets then, really not much to look forward to is there (gods thats depressing sorry)

What is Mionk's laterst excuse?

He is the Emperor's Clothes.

It was sheer madness that he was not fired after the 5-0 capitulation at Brentford back before lockdown.

The players literally surrendered that day.

Any other Chairman in the 92 would hve binned Monk months ago. 

• Like 4

There might be nothing in it but nothing has been posted on the club’s official twitter page since last night when the Monk post-match interview was posted. They’re usually on the front foot to lift the mood. Perhaps there are some heated discussions underway today and there might be something to report later? I’m probably clutching at straws? 🤣

• Like 1

At any normal club in the EPL & EFL 92 a manager as inept as Monk would have been fired last night or this morning at the latest.

He should have gone after the 5-0 surrender at Brentford pre-lockdown when the players literally gave up. and downed tools.

A huge error was made in allowing Monk to continue and even worse to bring in his cronies who will now have to be paid off too.

What on earth is the Chairman waiting for as it will cost him a lot more to go down to League One which is inevitable under Monk.

DC must have invested circa £150 milion in SWFC but relegation to League One will mean that the club will be worth £0.00, i.e. zero

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Come on, you know how Chansiri works. He leaves things until its too late and the damage is already done. 

This ^

Chansiri will dwell until we’re completely screwed.

Once it reaches this stage you might as well get on with it and sack the manager. What is the point in limping on? If you take the “win the next game or you’re sacked” approach, what happens if he does but loses the next one?

It’s time to let him go. What is annoying is that many of us saw this coming with his appointment. It was the wrong decision and you don’t even need hindsight to say “I told you so”. 

it was certainly a mistake not to let him go at the end of last season. It will cost even more money now. 

what a lot of fans don’t appreciate is that it’s not our club anymore, if it ever really  was in the past. It is privately owned by an individual and what he does is up to him. We are “customers”. So be it. But you don’t have to buy it when the product is so awful.

Football is so emotional and people get carried away at times. Let Chansiri have his club. When he’s done with it, I might be interested again. 

One thing is for sure, the business is not worth anywhere near what he has put into it. So if he wants out he will have to sell it at fair value. If he’s not prepared to do that, it will be “his” club for a long time. Let him rot with it.

Sheffield Wednesday will still be a thing long after he’s gone. Maybe then whoever is in charge will welcome us back. 

This is why I think DC doesn't care anymore 

Sure he's thrown a few quid at monk for players and coaches but nothing compared to what he was spending last few seasons 

The fact we haven't heard a peep for ages, shows to me that he has given up/got bored