THE MONK OUT THREAD

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

25 points out of the last 93 to play for

Let that sink in 

31 games 25 points

The equivalent of 37 points over a full season. Its way worse than relegation standard

Last season doesn't count though and you have to give him time this season........................................

Monkmanface

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Oh my god.

I wish you hadn’t even broight that up. 

I cannot stand to think we’re going to continue like this, it’s angering me

Tbh it needs sharing the hell out, get that stat on social media, get it into the faces of the local media. Aside from 1974/75 which I am just too young to recall properly I reckon that is the worst run of results over a sustained period since then.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

players should play for the club and more importantly the fans. It’s a disgrace the way they are performing, it can’t 100% be Monks fault imo. 

He got rid of the expensive wasters you wanted gone last season for under performing and guess what the ones he brought in are prodicing pretty much the same tripe.

Yes they should do better but it is him that has chosen them, picks them, plays them out of position, chooses tactics that don't suit them and is presiding over the worst run of results in my 35 years supporting this club.

How many managers are still in a job if they have a run of 25 points from 31 games? 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

players should play for the club and more importantly the fans. It’s a disgrace the way they are performing, it can’t 100% be Monks fault imo. 

99% Monks fault then? 😀

We're seeing the same performances, with the same clueless tactics as last season. Lots of new players (some are the same), can't be just the players. 

Teams are built in the managers image, he's working with his coaching team and the players he wanted to put that shambles out on the pitch. 

Edited by striker

Guest Bulgaria

It's not just the defeats it's the complete lack of any cohesion or idea as to how we are trying to score a goal.  We are absolutely clueless. When Patterson was walking off he was shaking his head.  I've not seen Marriot touch the ball in nearly three games.

Monk has lost the plot and I am beginning to think the players are as confused as we all are.  Chopping and changing every game, the nauseating boot it up top tactic.....it ain't working, but nothing changes.

It's time for a change.

Monk out.

12 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I always give consideration to the bigger picture but the last two results are unforgivable.

Not least given our situation.

I don’t condone sacking managers so early in a season but this is no ordinary season for our club .

He was abysmal last season, what on earth is this blindness people have got to the absolute disaster he led last year?!

• Like 2

Drastic action.

We don’t have time to let Monk have ONE more game - it’s clear the players haven’t got a clue on the pitch. 

We need that 3 points so desperately on Saturday that Monk needs to go now to get a bounce back from the players, something to rejuvenate and inspire them and we might actually move away from this shocking 3-5-2 that we can’t actually adapt to.

Back go 442, back to Westwood in the sticks, 2 out and out wingers and keep it bloody simple. This isn’t a complicated game, but we make it very hard for ourselves forcing a system on a group of players who cannot play it - it’s plain to see.

Im praying we make the change in time for the weekend - the season could be done and dusted and we could be -13 points behind if we don’t.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Drastic action.

We don’t have time to let Monk have ONE more game - it’s clear the players haven’t got a clue on the pitch. 

We need that 3 points so desperately on Saturday that Monk needs to go now to get a bounce back from the players, something to rejuvenate and inspire them and we might actually move away from this shocking 3-5-2 that we can’t actually adapt to.

Back go 442, back to Westwood in the sticks, 2 out and out wingers and keep it bloody simple. This isn’t a complicated game, but we make it very hard for ourselves forcing a system on a group of players who cannot play it - it’s plain to see.

Im praying we make the change in time for the weekend - the season could be done and dusted and we could be -13 points behind if we don’t.

What if Monks goes, bully comes in and we lost 3-0 to Wycombe?

Sack bully?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I’ve said all along judge him at Christmas.

But if we don’t get anything Saturday and lose again against Bournemouth surely he can’t stay on?

Yeh let’s just wait a bit longer, I mean 50+ games isn’t quite enough to judge him on is it?!

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

How exactly?!?!? 

Really?!?!? right now?!? He’s part of the problem?!?! 

Jesus 

Yes, not good enough, never has been, never will. 

We need to eliminate all the 2nd rate folk