Leko the Wanderer

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally think it is way to much of a risk especially on a permanent. Why would we sign a player that is still injured, you never know what sort of player he will be when he does return from such a bad injury. 

Surely it depends on price.

Ideally a loan with option to buy at a set price, that covers us in any eventuality. I'd hate to loan him, find out he's fantastic and then him go elsewhere at a price we can't afford.

We've got to take a chance on some of these young players with potential and ones coming back from a bad injury might be a cheap option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

Surely it depends on price.

Ideally a loan with option to buy at a set price, that covers us in any eventuality. I'd hate to loan him, find out he's fantastic and then him go elsewhere at a price we can't afford.

We've got to take a chance on some of these young players with potential and ones coming back from a bad injury might be a cheap option.

It's a good strategy. We just need to understand that it's unlikely they'll all work out but in the position we're in we"re going to have to take some chances. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This would be a great signing. Nasty injury but before that he was looking the real deal for Charlton.

These are the risk players we need to look at. Still young and if he’s over his injuries we could buy him for far less than his true valuation. 

Dare I say, I’m starting to feel positive? 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

This would be a great signing. Nasty injury but before that he was looking the real deal for Charlton.

These are the risk players we need to look at. Still young and if he’s over his injuries we could buy him for far less than his true valuation. 

Dare I say, I’m starting to feel positive? 

Certainly getting there but strikers!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Trouble is we seem to be filling our squad with lots of “not out and out strikers”.

Windass, Brown, Leko.

We need 3 or 4 out and out strikers, or at least two who are certain starters and have a sound fitness history.

These are the most difficult to recruit, many teams need strikers, suspect that it will be later in the window before they start moving clubs

Despite going against our young and hungry philosophy I can't help thinking that we need a real, physical, established centre forward, like Martin to add some steel and help these youngsters progression