Leko the Wanderer

44 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Oh man, history repeating itself!! 

All these signings have had big injuries and some question marks about fitness!

UTO

That’s all that will come to us. We’re not going to attract fit players in form when we have a -12 . The next stage below that is good players with  a dodgy injury past who you take a gamble on 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, briggowl said:

UTO

Thing is, if they were bullet proof and had no injuries they would prob be regulars at their own clubs or other prem sides. It's only because we have to take a risk that we can near these types of players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Very true. We need to roll the dice a bit with some of our signings. As long as we're not shelling out big transfer fees or £60 K / week wages it's a risk we can afford, I think.

We certainly seem to be in for a different type of player at the moment. The type that are physically strong, have a bit of pace, a trick or two?

Dare I say the type of players that get you success at this level? I don’t want to sound too optimistic as I’ll be accused of being in the **** in camp? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jim said:

We certainly seem to be in for a different type of player at the moment. The type that are physically strong, have a bit of pace, a trick or two?

Dare I say the type of players that get you success at this level? I don’t want to sound too optimistic as I’ll be accused of being in the **** in camp? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

we do but at the same time our 2 most recent signings and potentially Leko all have had serious injuries last season. If they can stay fit they could be excellent signings but if they miss big parts of the season it would be a massive worry of what we are left with. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Promising player, didn’t realise he contributed as much as he did at Charlton.

If WBA paid most of his wage and we were seen to rehab him and get him playing again it could work for both parties

Can’t imagine him being on super high wages anyway but do agree defo a split on the wages

9 minutes ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

I trust in monk and his team to judge wether a player is fit enough or not 

Yes but is he hungry? If our physio team are doing their work properly theses could be good signings. And at least as loans we can send them back if we break them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Being linked to players like Leko, Windass and the kid from Everton makes me wonder about how our strike force will line up next season.

Ball needs to be on the floor. 

Sorry Tom. 

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, briggowl said:

UTO

Lego legs and Brown make the injuries Franny Jeffers Had during his career look like minor knocks. Hopefully Chansiri has a few bob left to extend the treatment table.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Leko, Simmonds, DaCruz and Windass, are all players who play off a more central striker Strange that no names have come up for who that might be

Tbf no one knew about Izzy until Dom told us then it happened the next day. We might have that central striker lined up

• Like 1