Leko the Wanderer

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Leko, Simmonds, DaCruz and Windass, are all players who play off a more central striker Strange that no names have come up for who that might be

I wonder if we are after Wickham as the central striker. At reasonable wages he would be excellent. I know he started off poorly but he did look the part at the backend of the season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I wonder if we are after Wickham as the central striker. At reasonable wages he would be excellent. I know he started off poorly but he did look the part at the backend of the season.

I'd be nervous of Wickham, had a couple of good games, but seemed to struggle with the quick turnaround of games, which in this league is a problem. His wages also astronomical, even a 50% contribution would put him comfortably above our current highest earners. 

Palace wanted to recall him last season as cover, not sure they'd want to loan him out in return for a fraction of his wage. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I love Connor, but he was blowing out his arse after a few games. Didn’t look like scoring in open-play either. For what he would cost, risky business. Just do the right thing and go sign Chrissy Martin please.

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

Wasn't that impressed with him looked very cumbersome to say he is a Premier player, must be better and cheaper available. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

personally think it is way to much of a risk especially on a permanent. Why would we sign a player that is still injured, you never know what sort of player he will be when he does return from such a bad injury. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Hope he’s over his injury and we can get this over the line. Not sure how he’d fit into a 3-5-2 which suggests Monk may be looking at other tactics for the new season.

Tactics?

• Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

personally think it is way to much of a risk especially on a permanent. Why would we sign a player that is still injured, you never know what sort of player he will be when he does return from such a bad injury. 

It is a risk without a doubt, but I have no idea with this sort of injury, does it mean you are more likely to get it again? Or once you are recovered it there in no reason to expect to get a recurrence?  

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Quincy MD

One for old uns.

Used to love watching Quincy re-run episodes back in the 90s during my college days...when I should have been studying. Well I was...sort of. It's educational :ph34r:

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

It is a risk without a doubt, but I have no idea with this sort of injury, does it mean you are more likely to get it again? Or once you are recovered it there in no reason to expect to get a recurrence?  

for me any injury that keeps a player out for around 9 months has to be a concern. We don’t know if he will have the same qualities he had before the injury. I just think the position we find ourselves in finance wise and being -12 adrift before the season starts we need players that can do a job from the very first game and hopefully get a whole season out of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

Can’t see WBA wanting anything less than at least a million surely, are we willing to pay that. If you can get him for under that be a right steel even if it doesn’t work out we could shift him out in a profit 

Well the market is depressed, so would hope that we can get him for a decent price.

I'm a slightly surprised as I was resigned that we would only be signing players out of contract or on loan.

So its nice to know that there is money in the kitty.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Used to love watching Quincy re-run episodes back in the 90s during my college days...when I should have been studying. Well I was...sort of. It's educational :ph34r:

I was once told by am M.E that Quincy was nothing like real life. I was very disillusioned.  

Edited by Inspector Lestrade