Leko the Wanderer

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I wonder if Brexit plays into the planning? No freedom of movement in general terms between European countries now, though not sure what the visa / work permit situation is like post Brexit.

Don’t suppose it changes for countries outside the EU but that means anyone we go for has to have “x” amount of international caps I think.

Brexit definitely complicates matters although we've never really been one of those clubs prepared to take a punt on overseas players bar Nuhiu and a couple of loans during the Carlos period

Definitely missed a trick 

• Haha 1

Applications for Sports and entertainment are very likely to be reciprocal in nature, negating the need for International  appearance points tally for football. Those currently employed have the right to apply for settled status.

Further info here :-   https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-temporary-worker-creative-and-sporting-visa 

38 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I wonder if Brexit plays into the planning? No freedom of movement in general terms between European countries now, though not sure what the visa / work permit situation is like post Brexit.

Don’t suppose it changes for countries outside the EU but that means anyone we go for has to have “x” amount of international caps I think.

It's really not that difficult anymore for non-EU players.

Basically, is the buying club (SWFC) registered with the recognised authority (the FA)?

Is the player legitimate, ie, have proof of a sporting professional  background?

Does the player have £1000 to live on?  If not, is the buying club willing to provide it?

It’s a shame we missed out on this guy, I think he will be a success, but maybe we can borrow a similar type of player? There are quite a few young players who operate in that way, strikers who come in from the left or right. Because that is the system most of the top clubs play, their development squad are full of players who operate in that role. I still like the idea of that Rio Griffiths chap. Monk denied an interest when we were linked before, but since then we’ve moved on from Leko and Simmonds, so who knows

41 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Brexit definitely complicates matters although we've never really been one of those clubs prepared to take a punt on overseas players bar Nuhiu and a couple of loans during the Carlos period

Definitely missed a trick 

And Joao, Pelupessy, Borner, Van Aken

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure why you’d describe him as versatile, he’s a striker, and one who attacks from a wide position

More of a winger than an out and out striker. His not prolific at putting it in the net, but, he gets a ton of assists