Leko the Wanderer

44 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wonder if we are after Wickham as the central striker. At reasonable wages he would be excellent. I know he started off poorly but he did look the part at the backend of the season.

I’ve got arthritis in both knees and I’d back myself against Wickham in a bleep test.

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

I remember him playing for WBA in the PL about 4 years ago. He came on as a sub in a few games and was lively and threatening for someone of only 17 years of age. They highlighted him on a show reel on MOTD and said he was a promising talent.

Hope he’s over his injury and we can get this over the line. Not sure how he’d fit into a 3-5-2 which suggests Monk may be looking at other tactics for the new season.

Being linked to players like Leko, Windass and the kid from Everton makes me wonder about how our strike force will line up next season.

I dont think hes gonna play 352 think it will be 4231 so he would fit in there. 

Heard were after Morton from them aswell who is a promising young striker.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I was once told by am M.E that Quincy was nothing like real life. I was very disillusioned.  

An episode of Quincy is moral fibre, a bowl of bran flakes for the soul. 

If this lad didn’t have the injury issue he would be way way out of our reach,  concerning if he’s still injured but I’d be happy enough leaving that down to the medical staff 

Great potential 

A video on that page in the OP started auto-playing and I thought it was Leko when the player said "it's only a matter of time before they win the Champion's League" so I figured if that's his attitude to Wednesday, I'll take him unseen!

That or have him admitted to an institution.

Then I saw it was just Kompany speaking about Man City...

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You keep posting that when it's quite clear Monk wants a 3412 formation and has bought the players to supplement that...don't get it?

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Old Dom seeems to have his finger on the pulse a bit more this season? And only seems to let it be known when the deals are quite far down the line

Yeah the local jurnos have really upped their game recently.  Less clickbait and more stories with some real meat on them. 

Unfortunately I don't think it will save them, newspapers are dying a death, more so local news.  Sad really, another victim to the internet.  

I am all for getting a few loans in but I thought this summer rebuilding was meant to be building a new term, loans are a short term fix but for me I would prefer us to either be bringing in permanent signing or developing our own youth players.

I know we have a budget but with so many good players currently looking for clubs that fit our bill of what we need I am a bit disappointed with the lack of players in key areas we are being linked with.

We need strikers, we a championship quality keeper and we need more options at left back and right wing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

5 goals in 3 years.

So common sense would suggest him being used in a wide role

That points to a move away from 3 at the back .... Lees, Dunkley, Iorfa & Borner for 2 spots? Iorfa RB? 

I'm not sure, 3 at the back was a bold move at the time and I think is the way Monk wants to play. 

7 minutes ago, camffiti said:

5 goals in 3 years.

So common sense would suggest him being used in a wide role

That points to a move away from 3 at the back .... Lees, Dunkley, Iorfa & Borner for 2 spots? Iorfa RB? 

I thought it was 5 in 21 last season for an extremely poor Charlton side?  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Totally wrong. Definitely 3 cb’s which is why he signed Dunkley