Leko the Wanderer

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

I agree, a midfield beast/defensive midfielder type would be ideal and we have needed to bring one in ever since Wembley. Hutchinson was good at that role but wasn't reliable enough.

Even though it's important we improve the defence, get more athletic players in and some attackers, it's just as important in my opinion that we finally bring in a defensive midfielder.

It's crucial we finally bring one in, especially if it allows the likes of Bannan; Brown, FDB or Windass to play further forward to support whoever is brought in to play upfront. Personally I'd like us to go for someone like Sam Field or Sam Morsy or someone similar to either of them.

If we could get both Leko and Field in, that would be smart and brilliant business in my view. It does look like we're looking at the right types of players with the attributes we have lacked, so hopefully a defensive midfielder is brought in too before the season starts or before the window shuts. 

I noticed you'd been linked with Field. He could be used for cover, so, I don't know if we'd let him go.

2 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

I noticed you'd been linked with Field. He could be used for cover, so, I don't know if we'd let him go.

Is he a defensive midfielder, I don’t recall him operating there the few games I’ve seen him play

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is he a defensive midfielder, I don’t recall him operating there the few games I’ve seen him play

Yep he is, he was played as centre back by Megson when he was caretaker. Fell out of favour with Pardew. He's on his last year so depends on Bilic .

11 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Vulva has gone quiet 😊

To be fair the approach must have only come yesterday. The four people who would be ITK down here hadn't mentioned anything, so he was premature. I can see it going through though.

12 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Yep he is, he was played as centre back by Megson when he was caretaker. Fell out of favour with Pardew. He's on his last year so depends on Bilic .

To be fair the approach must have only come yesterday. The four people who would be ITK down here hadn't mentioned anything, so he was premature. I can see it going through though.

Thanks, he doesn’t seem very tall for a defensive midfielder, never mind a centre back. These days, it’s in vogue for your defensive midfielder to be 6-3, 6-4. Personally, I think that’s the sort of midfielder we need, someone who can add stature and presence Would you say he’s more like Pelupessy?

Edited by gurujuan

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Any idea how long he has left on his contract down there and the fee? 

3 years so 2022 and I have no idea sorry

3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Between SWFC & WBA or SWFC & player/agent?

I only know the approach was made yesterday through reading the yorkshire newspapers, honestly nobodies mentio any news of it down yet. If he had signed he wouldn't of trained yesterday afternoon. Plus the main sites would have announced it

33 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Who is telling porky pies ? ..is it you or Vulva ? 🤔

I have no agenda, if you have twitter search Steve madeley, Matt Wilson, Joeseph Masi and Luke Hatfield followed by WBA the all work for local papers covering west brom

19 minutes ago, malek said:

So, are we linked with Field as well or not ?

No it was an opinion piece

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Shame if there’s nothing to the Field story. Whether or not he’s a defensive midfielder, he’d have been a great addition to the squad Reminds me a little bit of John Fleck, watching footage of him

Although he's had prem experience I can't see breaking into the sqaud. The window doesnt close until early october it's a wait and see one with him