Leko the Wanderer

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If this lad didn’t have the injury issue he would be way way out of our reach,  concerning if he’s still injured but I’d be happy enough leaving that down to the medical staff 

Great potential 

Why?

5 goals at over 300 minutes per goal last season.

Even worse the season before. 3 goals at over 400 minutes per goal.

And, injured.

Bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

And, injured.

Bizarre.

I don't think he's an out and out striker so goal stats aren't necessarily the best indicator, albeit a welcome one. He's also still young enough to develop. 

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

And, injured.

Bizarre.

5 more goals than Da Cruz who a few on here would take back?

46 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I dont think hes gonna play 352 think it will be 4231 so he would fit in there. 

Heard were after Morton from them aswell who is a promising young striker.

Interesting, did well whilst at Northampton last season - lets hope the rumour is not cobblers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really liked the look of him when seen him play.

Injury is obviously a concern and ACL is horrific. Things have moved on the past few years now thigh. Recovery time has shortened and often it could be career ending. Nor players seem to come back and come back just as strong. I’d not put too much worry his injury.

If we’ve got him I’d say it’s another positive signing and the type we’ve been needing for years.

Quite happy and genuinely surprised with our business so far.

11 minutes ago, deano said:

I don't think he's an out and out striker so goal stats aren't necessarily the best indicator, albeit a welcome one. He's also still young enough to develop. 

Trouble is we seem to be filling our squad with lots of “not out and out strikers”.

Windass, Brown, Leko.

We need 3 or 4 out and out strikers, or at least two who are certain starters and have a sound fitness history.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Trouble is we seem to be filling our squad with lots of “not out and out strikers”.

Windass, Brown, Leko.

We need 3 or 4 out and out strikers, or at least two who are certain starters and have a sound fitness history.

Completely agree, we are still waiting for them additions. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Windass, Brown, Leko.

There seems to be a lot of players around these days that you wouldn’t associate with being out and out strikers.

Probably the best striker in terms of goal output for us at this level since 2000 was Tudgay who you wouldn’t say he was an out and out striker. In fact he played wide right on occasions?

I think natural finishers are not as common place as they once were as are old fashioned number 9’s. The games is changing whether it’s for the better I couldn’t tell you?

• Like 3

People talk about going out and getting 4 out and out strikers with sound fitness records like it’s just that easy ..     couldn’t even name 4 strikers that fit that mould and don’t be chirping on about likes of Chris Martin unless you want to go back to paying extortionate wages for journeymen