Leko the Wanderer

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

You keep posting that when it's quite clear Monk wants a 3412 formation and has bought the players to supplement that...don't get it?

its just my opinion. Think he is signing a lot of attacking midfielders or trying to for that formation.

I like him - it’s a shame for him that our promotion has came at the wrong point in his career. I would have imagined he would have played a prominent part for us next season had we not gone up.

He is probably best suited out wide where he can use his pace and ability to get round players. He’s not a natural striker Which is probably a reflection of his physique and nor does he have that presence I would want in a forward.

My only criticism I had of him is that he reminded me of a street footballer where he seemed to fancy flicks and skills over end product. This will improve though given time and coaching.

his injury last year came at the wrong time as he was just getting some first team minutes & goals under his belt.

Good to see Wednesday targeting players with potential resale value as opposed to bloated has been. I imagine any fee will be around £1million which will be significantly claused  based with a % of any sale, given how long is left on his contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks to me like he signing players that can play 3-5-2. 4-3-3 or 4/4-2 there are games that you need to change your formation to suit the opposition b4 and whilst playing the game? The problem with our squad last yr was complete lack of pace? Only harris Murphy iorfa and Moses got any real pace with none at all up front? The players being linked and signed gave pace youth and can play different positions? Still going to be one hell of a slog but if we keep up the recruitment like this bit more confident than cup weeks ago?? The one thing to make all this work is a fletcher type striker to link it all together? As of yet no rumours of any one . Hugill ( linked with Norwich ) jukewitz or Chris Martin be my choices 

20 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Is this a loan or a permanent deal?

I like the fact we are signing young hungry players as opposed to players coming to the end of their careers 

Seems we are chasing a permanent. 

If he's more of a winger it could be to replace Murphy. And doesn't indicate a 352 formation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

If he's more of a winger it could be to replace Murphy. And doesn't indicate a 352 formation. 

I've never believed Monk would be looking to go with a 3-5-2 anyway.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Or perhaps an alternative to Windass?

Not sure we'd spend money on two wingers when we only have 1 striker

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I like him - it’s a shame for him that our promotion has came at the wrong point in his career. I would have imagined he would have played a prominent part for us next season had we not gone up.

He is probably best suited out wide where he can use his pace and ability to get round players. He’s not a natural striker Which is probably a reflection of his physique and nor does he have that presence I would want in a forward.

My only criticism I had of him is that he reminded me of a street footballer where he seemed to fancy flicks and skills over end product. This will improve though given time and coaching.

his injury last year came at the wrong time as he was just getting some first team minutes & goals under his belt.

Good to see Wednesday targeting players with potential resale value as opposed to bloated has been. I imagine any fee will be around £1million which will be significantly claused  based with a % of any sale, given how long is left on his contract.

pretty good review, 

I mean at Charlton he got 5 goals 4 assists in 21 games , that’s a positive return really for a wide player so hopefully starting to see that end product develop 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

pretty good review, 

I mean at Charlton he got 5 goals 4 assists in 21 games , that’s a positive return really for a wide player so hopefully starting to see that end product develop 

Charlton were gutted he got injured but tbf I they did great when leko and taylor were up top for them that was the time they were around the play offs

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Any idea how far off being fit he is? 

Been a bit pre-occupied to know mate to be honest. I presume his fit enough to be sold\loaned and he should be good to go in pre-season if that is the case.

Would like him to be a perm deal but can’t see that due to the fee required. They must rate him highly and want at least 1mil. Expect a loan, sounds like a Murphy replacement to me.

Should be good provided he’s over his nasty injury, which I imagine he must be for us to be interested now.

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

Would like him to be a perm deal but can’t see that due to the fee required. They must rate him highly and want at least 1mil. Expect a loan, sounds like a Murphy replacement to me.

Should be good provided he’s over his nasty injury, which I imagine he must be for us to be interested now.

Joe and dom have reported it as a permanent deal