Leko the Wanderer

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Dunkley and Izzy Brown recently followed him too on insta  

Brown and Leko were at our academy together

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes we definitely need to sign a central striker. Big powerful lad. 

Yes I think this player key isn’t it, really intrigued who we’ll be trying to get in.  Seems there’s a bit of cash to spend if we are getting Leko on permanent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Dom never sticks his neck out like that usually quick to pour water on any rumour 

FB_IMG_1598032404694.jpg

Cheers Doubt anything will be announced yet as I said Madeley, Wilson, Masi and Hatfield all have nothing

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Hopefully get it over the line

I have little doubt, it will happen, I agree with Liam. I reallly like Jonathan both his atittude and as a player. It just never worked for him here. which is a crying shame, but, also life sadly. He needs a move and play full time.

12 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

I have little doubt, it will happen, I agree with Liam. I reallly like Jonathan both his atittude and as a player. It just never worked for him here. which is a crying shame, but, also life sadly. He needs a move and play full time.

Do you rate him then Baggs?

1 hour ago, Baggiehy said:

let’s hope so mate

7 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Looks to me like he signing players that can play 3-5-2. 4-3-3 or 4/4-2 there are games that you need to change your formation to suit the opposition b4 and whilst playing the game? The problem with our squad last yr was complete lack of pace? Only harris Murphy iorfa and Moses got any real pace with none at all up front? The players being linked and signed gave pace youth and can play different positions? Still going to be one hell of a slog but if we keep up the recruitment like this bit more confident than cup weeks ago?? The one thing to make all this work is a fletcher type striker to link it all together? As of yet no rumours of any one . Hugill ( linked with Norwich ) jukewitz or Chris Martin be my choices 

Before the Covid break Monk switched between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2, and even tried the 3-5-2 at Luton (Forestieri as LWB....), so suggests he likes to change formations depending on the opponent. He was kind of forced into the 3-5-2 after the break due to us only having about 15 senior players left.

So suggests he'll not be signing players with just one formation in mind but people with the intelligence to switch between different formations.

Agree a target man is needed though, as most formations have one. Maybe we can look outside the Championship? Bundesliga 2? Don't know why, but think a big ******** German might be what we need. An attacking equivalent of Borner.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Really ?? 

Cant you see Iorfa moving to RB then Dunkley and Borner CH and Penney LB.

Bannan and Luongo in front then a attacking three of his choice behind a target man ?? 

I guarantee you it won’t happen. We have 6 cb. 
Right sided: Iorfa (Palmer)

Central: Dunkley (Lees)

Left sided: Borner (van Aken)

Also we only have one actual left back in the squad in Matt Penney. There is a huge question mark over whether he’s actually good enough but we can all agree he’s better at going forward than backwards as is Reach, Harris and Odubajo who are all options in the wide areas. It will DEFINITELY be a back 3 next season.