Steve Bruce

People expecting updates about anything are kidding themselves.

Forestieri’s time for appeal ran out last week, and still nothing’s been said about whether it’s been appealed or not. 

Business as usual at S6. 

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Must admit if I was Bruce I'd be peed off that the club has made trading difficult because they can't submit their accounts on time even after a two month extension. Totally ridiculous IMO.

As for SB walking it would have been reported by Star or Sky by now if true.

Or made trading easier. Depends whether your glass is half full or not.

38 minutes ago, marshy said:

Rumours like this, especially daft ones (hopefully) do nothing to help what is already a tense situation what with the embargo etc. What do folk get out of it. Seriously?

Unfortunately it seems that a pretty large section of supporters who use social media are like 65 year old women. Always fretting, worrying, believing anything they hear and gossiping about it.

*Sorry to all you 65 year old women out there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

While I don't believe this some decisive action and communication from the club about stadium sales, embargoes, sales and contract offers would be more than welcome; if only to stop the endless twitter muppets from sh!t stirring

The only problem with that is:

Club *make statement confirming/denying various rumours and says don’t worry everything is fine

usual owlstalk conspiracy theorists/Chansiri haters: “he’s lying”

43 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Looking at all of the evidence we know so far, from credible media sources....not BS on twitter, or posters with a grudge...

- ground sold and accounts delayed due to this process

-  "soft embargo" is due to accounts not being submitted - i would suspect we knew this would happen

- Harris, Adubajo, Borner all set to be announced

- links to other players

- Westwood, Lee, Palmer new deals

It doesn't look or feel like a club that's about to lose it's manager and be placed into a year long embargo.

There’s about 1% chance players like Börner are moving their family to another country with the chance of an embargo stopping him being registered.  

I feel its it’s likely a deal to sell our stadium has been done and the EFL are fully aware of it. Maybe we aren’t announcing it to the world yet whilst we try and secure some cheaper deals. 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

I feel its it’s likely a deal to sell our stadium has been done and the EFL are fully aware of it. Maybe we aren’t announcing it to the world yet whilst we try and secure some cheaper deals. 

We want to get a cheaper deal on the stadium sale? WTF:

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ah, go on - it's silly season on here after all.

Let's see what he's got to say...

Robot_Fail.gif.48b4b05240a202d6c48ac0438ec36e87.gif

I know what he's gunna say, we had a conversation of sorts last week. 

Not word for word but here goes "Chansiri has no money, Bruce took the job on a lie, without a cash injection we (swfc) are fcuked". 

For god's sake. Someone on here must know some sort of truth.   There's always people on here claiming to know transfers so they must know if Bruce has walked.  Bullens always on twitter denying rumours.  Maybe someone could ask him and put a stop to all this

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Looking at all of the evidence we know so far, from credible media sources....not BS on twitter, or posters with a grudge...

-  "soft embargo" is due to accounts not being submitted - i would suspect we knew this would happen

- links to other players

It doesn't look or feel like a club that's about to lose it's manager and be placed into a year long embargo.

This is pretty much how I see things panning out, just hope we’re right.

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

- links to other players

Tbh there’s not one shred of evidence that we’ve sold the ground.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spookone said:

This is pretty much how I see things panning out, just hope we’re right.

The point is that Bruce might have resigned. Johnson might have decided to pull out of the leadership race. Royal Ascot might be cancelled tomorrow because the grandstand has been deemed unsafe. All of these things "might" be true. But none of them are remotely probable. There is literally no evidence for the truth of any of them. Literally none.

And yet you get a thread like this where people seem to suggest that the evidentiary weight of two no-marks tweeting differs from zero; and even people saying that professional journalists or someone at the club should clarify something.

It is completely bananas. No wonder the Russian troll farms find such easy pickings.

• Like 2