Steve Bruce

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

So we aren’t in an embargo? We’ve signed loads of players? We have no cash flow problems? Our manager is happy? Don’t want to get in a slanging match mate but get your head out of the clouds. If we don’t sort this money problem out we will not be having a good season. FACT!

What cash flow problems?  Stop being so melodramatic.  

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A couple of weeks ago this site was full of comments and threads about promotion and a good season ahead. 

All of a sudden it's doom and gloom time again and we're looking down not up.

We all know that finances are an issue, as they were when Bruce arrived. Accross the leagues there has been minimal business done so far. Why should it be any different at S6.

FFS.

Not from me. If he is allowed to do his work and we bring in the players we’ve been linked with, I’m extremely optimistic. However all signs suggest this will not be the case. As I said, hope I’m wrong.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

What cash flow problems?  Stop being so melodramatic.  

Ok mate. Always been praised for my drama skills!!

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not from me. If he is allowed to do his work and we bring in the players we’ve been linked with, I’m extremely optimistic. However all signs suggest this will not be the case. As I said, hope I’m wrong.

All signs?

A few tweets from Dom Howson and some bedwetters on owlstalk.

Edited by markowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Even if we don't sign any players.  None of the 3 players mentioned will be regulars.  They'd be lucky to make 20 games collectively.

Really? Baker will start the season as Iorfa is suspended. Pelupessy will play when Hutch breaks down after 20 minutes. Fox is first choice left back at the moment... am I missing something??

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I've been told that you would win that bet.  Never compered 'em myself. lol

I bet they are massive because they never get emptied.

apart from when your stood in the mirror in just your wednesday top lol 

Edited by LiamAP22D

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Really? Baker will start the season as Iorfa is suspended. Pelupessy will play when Hutch breaks down after 20 minutes. Fox is first choice left back at the moment... am I missing something??

Palmer was first choice lb at the end of last season.  He will have to play rb during Iorfa's suspension.  Fox may or may not be lb whie he does.  Personally I wouldn't bet against Thorniley being used there.

2 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I bet they are massive because they never get emptied.

apart from when your stood in the mirror in just your wednesday top lol 

Apart from a weird fixation about the size of my testes, having you got anything to contribute to this thread.

• Haha 4

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I guarantee you that Fox and JP make over 20 appearances between them. Even if we do strengthen.

If we've signed the 4 players rumoured.  Fox won't be here.  Same with JP, if the players were looking at signing for money happen.

Having legitimate concerns does not equate to being a 'bedwetter' or some sort of eunuch. 

Hopefully by this time next week we have either sold a player or two to allow us to leave the embargo (or the ground sale has been rubber stamped), then on 1 July we announce the apparent incomings and everyone will feel better. 

• Haha 1